Windows 10: Is it safe to install & use Windows Speech Recognition Macros from 2009 with Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it safe to install & use Windows Speech Recognition Macros from 2009 with Windows 10? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi there, I am a disabled PC user who is heavily reliant on voice recognition and foot pedals and a foot mouse to use my PC. For voice recognition I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by dave-u, Jan 23, 2020.

1. dave-u Win User

Is it safe to install & use Windows Speech Recognition Macros from 2009 with Windows 10?

Hi there,

I am a disabled PC user who is heavily reliant on voice recognition and foot pedals and a foot mouse to use my PC. For voice recognition I primarily use Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

I generally can't play computer games but I would like to. Recently I came across this blog post which implies I might be able to play the computer game XCOM: Enemy Unknown using Windows Speech Recognition, here is the link:http://chrisuzal.com/xcom-enemy-unknown-windows-7-speech-recognition-voice-command-set/.

The blog post says to use the command set the author has made for the game, I need to install 'Windows Speech Recognition Macros' from Microsoft.com, here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=13045

The download, although official, comes from 2009 !. Am I safe to install this on Windows 10? I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 18,362. Should this command sets still work in 2020?

Thanks

:)

dave-u, Jan 23, 2020

2. windows speech recognition macros not opening.

I recently got windows speech recognition macros for my nextbook 10.1 running windows 10. The speech recognition works fine, but if I try to open the macros it doesn't do anything, it doesn't even have an error message. I tried to run as administrator
    and re install it, but it just won't open.

DavidTheAwesome, Jan 23, 2020
  3. JunkEater Win User
    windows 10 Windows Speech Recognition Macros not working

hi I am trying to use Windows Speech Recognition Macros in Windows 10 but everytime I try to open it, it just gives me this message:

Can't start Speech Macros

Windows Speech Recognition Macros was unable to initialize its command system to begin operation

I've tried to uninstall it and reinstall it again and again but still doesnt work? Can anyone help me?

JunkEater, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Is it safe to install & use Windows Speech Recognition Macros from 2009 with Windows 10?

Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to install & use Windows Speech Recognition Macros from 2009 with Windows 10?

1. Is it safe to install & use Windows Speech Recognition Macros from 2009 with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - safe install Speech

2. Windows Speech Recognition Macros WSR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Speech Recognition Macros WSR: Hey, is there any way to get this program for Windows 10? Seems the old download is now gone and I used this for gaming to make some things voice activated. Pretty sad I can't figure out a way to do it anymore....
  3. Windows Speech Recognition Macros WSR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Speech Recognition Macros WSR: Hey, is there any way to get this program for Windows 10? Seems the old download is now gone and I used this for gaming to make some things voice activated. Pretty sad I can't figure out a way to do it anymore....
  4. User customized macro in Windows 10 "Speech Recognition" or Cortana

in Cortana
    User customized macro in Windows 10 "Speech Recognition" or Cortana: Please confirm that currently there is no support in Windows 10 for user customized sequence of commands macros in either "Speech Recognition" or CortanaMany thanks, A...
  5. Windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows speech recognition: I've tried setting up speech recognition on my pc, but no matter what I'm not allowed to insert a speech language, as it's all greyed out. I tried downloading other voice packages than the US one but they won't install. I checked on my laptop and in there it's all fine. I've...
  6. Windows speech recognition

in Cortana
    Windows speech recognition: Each time I try to use speech recognition I get an error message: "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported" When I check the language in settings for Speech recognition, the language is English (Canada) , which I expect should...
  7. Windows Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Speech Recognition: Does Windows Speech Recognition for Windows 10 work with Excel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-speech-recognition/79cb62b5-0d4e-4be1-9f71-ec787a438c8d
  8. Windows Speech Recognition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Speech Recognition: Does anyone else despise the Speech Recognition app as much as I do? Apparently, someone at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the simple little microphone that made it possible for me to ask questions in the Search field, and in Gmail replies. What a mistake....
  9. Windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows speech recognition: Windows speech recognition, on Windows 10, won't start up from control panel. The only way to get it to start is rebooting my system. Anyway to fix this?...
  10. Windows Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Speech Recognition: I ran a Mal ware program and restarted my computer. It did not start my Windows Speech Recognition App. I got this message. "Speech Recognition could not start the language configuration is not supported. The recognizer language must match the language of the user interface....