Windows 10: Is it safe to kill Windows 10 Update Assistant's process?

Discus and support Is it safe to kill Windows 10 Update Assistant's process? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop has been stuck at 99 for hours. submitted by /u/andrew_982_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andrew_982_, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Is it safe to kill Windows 10 Update Assistant's process?

/u/andrew_982_, Jan 1, 2020

2. Non-existent process needs killing!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

I would like to inform you that, sometimes task manager doesn't kill the process. It's also possible to kill processes from command line with
    'taskkill'.

taskkill /im process-name /f
    taskkill /pid process-id /f

This can be done by clicking Windows logo+x and selecting Command prompt (admin).

if issue persist, I suggest you to boot in safe mode and check if that helps.

Check the link below to boot in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Jan 1, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Is it safe to kill Windows 10 Update Assistant's process?

Win 10 process kill "access denied" & undeletable file

Hi,

Thank you for posting this question in Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will certainly assist you with the issue.
    Provide the following information to assist you better:

1. Is the issue specific to that game?

2. Have you logged in as admin?

3. When you say "my network", are you referring to the home network or is the pc connected to a domain network?

I see that you aren’t able to end tasks in Task Manager.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform Safe Mode and Clean Boot.

Step 1:
    I suggest you to check both the issues in safe mode with networking
    and check if that helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Choose Safe Mode as the Startup Setting.

If you still can’t end the processes, continue to perform Step 2.

Step 2: Clean Boot

Follow the steps given in the link below to perform Clean Boot.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Check if you are able to end the processes in Clean Boot.

Note: After troubleshooting, in a Clean Boot mode, follow the suggestions under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot”.

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to kill Windows 10 Update Assistant's process?

1. Is it safe to kill Windows 10 Update Assistant's process? - Similar Threads - safe kill Update

2. Quick Assist and windows 10 Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Assist and windows 10 Safe Mode: I'm having problems with Quick Assist so I tried running it in Windows 10 Safe Mode with networking enabled as a trouble shooting step. Surprisingly the App wouldn't even start up when I clicked on it's icon. The screen just remained blank and nothing happened. Can someone...
  3. Background processes can't be killed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background processes can't be killed.: I updated from Windows 10 to 11 almost 2 months ago. All the applications I use regularly are updated as is WIndows. When I start an application, whether it is a Microsoft application or other applications such as Adobe, Autodesk, Spotify, and so on. If the application starts...
  4. Background processes can't be killed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background processes can't be killed.: I updated from Windows 10 to 11 almost 2 months ago. All the applications I use regularly are updated as is WIndows. When I start an application, whether it is a Microsoft application or other applications such as Adobe, Autodesk, Spotify, and so on. If the application starts...
  5. Windows kills every process

Windows kills every process: Windows kills 90% of my applications on startup i can watch it happen in task manager.Stuff like chrome and discord work ok while a miriad of programs like notepad, Photoshop, edge, and my games will not open... Even system restore stops after 2 seconds.Idk what to do as...
  6. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.: My computer has been using about 20 percent utilization since a glitch in the Windows Sandbox Program. I cannot get rid of the processes and they keep coming back on restart with the user as the generic random generated PC name that is given to a Windows Sandbox instance....
  7. is it safe to use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to update to windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it safe to use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to update to windows 10 version 1809: is it safe to use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to update to windows 10 version 1809 if when I go to check for updates on my pc and its not there yet because my pc is saying there is no new update...
  8. Deadly update of Windows 10 kills itself becoming too safe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deadly update of Windows 10 kills itself becoming too safe: The automatic update of Windows 10 created a deadly combination for system software 17th of January 2017: * it does not boot from C: drive although the disk is ok * it does not let you to do nothing with mouse * it starts - and always - automatic online updates which will...
  9. Kill a Process in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Kill a Process in Windows 10: How to: Kill a Process in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. If you notice a running process is reducing your...
  10. Auto-kill a process

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-kill a process: Is there a way to auto-sense that a process has started and automatically kill it, without user intervention? I am aware of Auto-kill any process v.2.2, but that, according to one reviewer, requires user input. Thanks. 27047