Windows 10: Is it safe to remove all MS Type 4-User Mode Printer Driver Packages?

Discus and support Is it safe to remove all MS Type 4-User Mode Printer Driver Packages? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Folks,FYI: I have the Windows 10 Pro 64 bit O/SI have two printers, both Epson brands of which one is a Large Format Photo Stylus, USB connected,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wingclip, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Wingclip Win User

Is it safe to remove all MS Type 4-User Mode Printer Driver Packages?

Hi Folks,FYI: I have the Windows 10 Pro 64 bit O/SI have two printers, both Epson brands of which one is a Large Format Photo Stylus, USB connected, and the other is an All in One Office printer wireless. I have two desktops and one Samsung Tablet no cell phones. At this moment, as shown in the screenshots I only have the Large Format Printer connected via USB to one of my desktops. I'm about to reinstall my Office printer and drivers using a "Temporary USB connection" method. I'll spare you the long story, but after inexplicably losing my office printer's wireless control last wee

:)

Wingclip, Jul 23, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

explorer.exe will not run other than in safe mode

MS suggests:
    Once your PC is in Safe Mode, reinstall your display adapter driver.

• Type device manager into the search box on the taskbar, and then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click the display adapter and select Uninstall > OK.
    • Restart your PC.

dalchina, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      Is it safe to remove all MS Type 4-User Mode Printer Driver Packages? c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Is it safe to remove all MS Type 4-User Mode Printer Driver Packages?

Removing Printer Drivers

Greg,

Thanks for the reply and information. I did learn a few new tricks from the links you posted.

Over the last few days I have been removing an old printer and installing a new printer (Same physical print device, just update drivers) for a handful of users. Removing the driver package for the old printer has been giving me problems because the system
    sees it as still being in use.

Historically, I have always removed printers through Devices and Printers in the Control Panel, and then gone into Print Management to remove the driver package. This morning, I decided to use Print Management to remove the printer, and then the driver
    package, and so far I have not had a single problem with that method.

Generally speaking, would you say that removing the printer and the driver package through Print Management is the most reliable and hassle-free method?

--Tom

thomasm516, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Is it safe to remove all MS Type 4-User Mode Printer Driver Packages?

1. Is it safe to remove all MS Type 4-User Mode Printer Driver Packages? - Similar Threads - safe remove Type

2. Can't type alphabets in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type alphabets in safe mode: When I try to boot in safe mode, I'm prompted to enter BitLocker's recovery key for each drive during restarting. I can only type numbers but cannot type any alphabet letters. This happens both on the laptop and the external keyboard. I'd rather not turn off BitLocker just...
  3. Can't type alphabets in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type alphabets in safe mode: When I try to boot in safe mode, I'm prompted to enter BitLocker's recovery key for each drive during restarting. I can only type numbers but cannot type any alphabet letters. This happens both on the laptop and the external keyboard. I'd rather not turn off BitLocker just...
  4. Can't type alphabets in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The Printer Driver package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 News
    The Printer Driver package cannot be installed: [ATTACH]You may have encountered several errors while using Windows. Some of them can be fixed quickly, while some of them may need tweaking some things in your system a bit. One of the common Windows errors is ‘The Printer Driver package cannot be installed‘. There may be...
  6. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?: Greetings. Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every partition will appear authenticated users, on system C: there are two of them. Normally when reinstalling i do clean install...
  7. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?: Greetings. Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every partition will appear authenticated users, on system C: there are two of them. Normally when reinstalling i do clean install...
  8. Remove print driver package programayically

Remove print driver package programayically: How to remove print driver package programatically? pnputil can remove driver packages which are one plugged in How to remove a driver package which is in system32/driversore/filerepository...
  9. Removing Printer Drivers

Removing Printer Drivers: One thing that has always aggravated me about Windows is the difficulty of deleting printer driver packages. After I remove a printer, I open Print Management with admin credentials and remove the corresponding driver packages. I just find that to be a good maintenance...
  10. "Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package"

"Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package": Please don't respond with anything other than a download link for the core driver files that microsoft needs to let print drivers install. I've downloaded the printer drivers from the manufacturer and they won't install because "Unable to find a core driver package that is...