Windows 10: Is it safe to remove an internal disk (with just games) so I don't have to backup it to...

Discus and support Is it safe to remove an internal disk (with just games) so I don't have to backup it to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm about to make a system image however I don't jave enough storage on my external hdd for a system umage unless I remove the games dusc but I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_neverlander, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Is it safe to remove an internal disk (with just games) so I don't have to backup it to...

I'm about to make a system image however I don't jave enough storage on my external hdd for a system umage unless I remove the games dusc but I was wondering if it would have any effects if I remove the disc and plug it back in after the image has been made or that I plug it back in after I restored W10 using the image.

submitted by /u/the_neverlander
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_neverlander, Aug 4, 2020
  2. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Stigg Win User
    Remove Internal Hard Drive From Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media

I have an older computer, and have had trouble getting working SATA controller drivers for it, so I have had to revert the Marvell SATA/RAID driver back to Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Doing this has fixed my problems mostly, but now my internal hard drives show up in the Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media list.

Apart from reverting back to troublesome Marvell drivers, what is the best way to to hide these internal drives from showing up in the Safely Remove Hardware And Eject Media list?

Stigg, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Is it safe to remove an internal disk (with just games) so I don't have to backup it to...

Don't have any function for backup

Hi Iris,

Let's work together on this. We suggest that you follow the following steps to apply the backup to your Windows Phone:

• Sign into the same Microsoft Account used for the backup creation.
    • When prompted to use a backup to restore the handset, select the desired backup and hit ‘next’ to continue with the process.
    • The backup will then download (duration will vary depending on speed of connection and size of backup), you can then enter passwords for restored accounts there and then or configure restored email and social accounts later.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to remove an internal disk (with just games) so I don't have to backup it to...

1. Is it safe to remove an internal disk (with just games) so I don't have to backup it to... - Similar Threads - safe remove internal

2. Cannot backup my internal disk, it is "disconnected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot backup my internal disk, it is "disconnected": Hello, I want to upgrade an old pc cloning the HDD with Win 7 license into an SSD, and then install Win 10. To do so, I would like to do a backup first, but in "Backup and restore" section the Backup option is not available. The internal disk results disconnected and I do not...
  3. Cannot backup my internal disk, it is "disconnected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot backup my internal disk, it is "disconnected": Hello, I want to upgrade an old pc cloning the HDD with Win 7 license into an SSD, and then install Win 10. To do so, I would like to do a backup first, but in "Backup and restore" section the Backup option is not available. The internal disk results disconnected and I do not...
  4. I don't have a place to insert a disk so I have to download photo explosion 5.0 and I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a place to insert a disk so I have to download photo explosion 5.0 and I can't...: I don't have a place to insert a disk so I have to download photo explosion 5.0 and I can't get it to download what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-place-to-insert-a-disk-so-i-have-to/62e234c2-a624-4a22-a662-4d8703c681b8
  5. I don't have a place to insert a disk so I have to download photo explosion 5.0 and I can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have a place to insert a disk so I have to download photo explosion 5.0 and I can't...: I don't have a place to insert a disk so I have to download photo explosion 5.0 and I can't get it to download what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-place-to-insert-a-disk-so-i-have-to/62e234c2-a624-4a22-a662-4d8703c681b8
  6. I don't have a place to insert a disk so I have to download photo explosion 5.0 and I can't...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I have a "backup image", I do not have a disk repair.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a "backup image", I do not have a disk repair.: Hi, I have a "backup image", I do not have a disk repair. How do I recover the data? Thank you all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-backup-image-i-do-not-have-a-disk-repair/13459bc7-c564-4c8d-b183-e1f0f8aa55b5
  8. Don't have the game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have the game.: My friend Bought me the "Minecraft Dungeons" game and ive redeem'd the code i've played the game yesterday but today i've tried to launch the game and it says "You don't own this game error 0x803F8001". So i've tried to reinstall the game but once i've deleted it it says i...
  9. Backup second internal disk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup second internal disk?: I keep my user data on a separate internal hard disk, drive E. File History will not even recognize this second drive. So I tried using Backup and Restore (Windows 7). After churning away for an hour or so, it gave me the error message "The filename, directory name, or...
  10. "Safe " removing internal drives ?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Safe " removing internal drives ?!: Why are my internal HDDs and SSD shown in the "safe remove "-icon ( placed in taskbar) ?? How can we get rid of this absurd notification of showing internal HDDs for removing...............!! 114602