Windows 10: Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

Discus and support Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings. Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bokisaacdc, May 9, 2019.

1. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

Greetings.
    Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every partition will appear authenticated users, on system C: there are two of them. Normally when reinstalling i do clean install without formating other partitions, and take ownership of all.
    Thanks

Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users? [​IMG]

Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users? [​IMG]

:)

bokisaacdc, May 9, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 9, 2019
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, May 9, 2019
  4. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

1. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users? - Similar Threads - safe remove Authenticated

2. Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM': Hi,I am using Windows 10 Professional. While logged in as myself account name 'PWK' and member of the 'Administrators' group, I created a folder at the root of my hard drive called C:\MySecureFolderI would like to secure this folder as much as I possibly can so that only the...
  3. Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM': Hi,I am using Windows 10 Professional. While logged in as myself account name 'PWK' and member of the 'Administrators' group, I created a folder at the root of my hard drive called C:\MySecureFolderI would like to secure this folder as much as I possibly can so that only the...
  4. Removing folder permissions from 'Authenticated Users' and/or 'SYSTEM'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Is it safe to remove my unused user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to remove my unused user folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Getta537 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3cbwj/is_it_safe_to_remove_my_unused_user_folder/
  6. Re: Authenticated Users

Re: Authenticated Users: Hi, I accidentally deleted the "Authenticated Users" from my PC. [ATTACH] How can a get it back? Regards, Kyle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-authenticated-users/1cc2710f-7635-44e4-8f3a-8dfc27d9c541
  7. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?: Greetings. Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every partition will appear authenticated users, on system C: there are two of them. Normally when reinstalling i do clean install...
  8. remove authenticator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    remove authenticator: How do I remove authenticator from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-authenticator/0aba4af9-845e-43c4-ba86-13e6432acc89"
  9. How do I remove authenticated user?

How do I remove authenticated user?: How do I delete authenticated user on Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-remove-authenticated-user/2ae5fd05-ffbc-4582-86bb-2dd57aade841"
  10. Remove the TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users fro

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove the TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users fro: Hi I have Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. From the Command Prompt, run as administrator, how should I do to remove any TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users from the ACLs of an entire directory structure also contains files and links (this must not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove access to Users and to Authenticated Users on external drive