Windows 10: Is it safe to remove these folders?

Discus and support Is it safe to remove these folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my Documents, Contacts, Downloads, Pictures, Music and Videos folders located on my HDD (E:/), but I still show the same folders on C: drive but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fracking4oil, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Is it safe to remove these folders?

I have my Documents, Contacts, Downloads, Pictures, Music and Videos folders located on my HDD (E:/), but I still show the same folders on C: drive but they're all empty. Is it safe to delete these folders since they're located & pointed to on the E: drive?

Is it safe to remove these folders? [​IMG]

:)

fracking4oil, Aug 18, 2015
  2. aakkam22 Win User

Is it safe to delete these eight 0KB files?

In most cases, these are files left behind from Windows Update installs, and can be removed safely. However, they also may be important system files. I would suggest against removing them.

aakkam22, Aug 18, 2015
  3. bacillus Win User
    Is it safe to delete these eight 0KB files?

I upgraded from win 7 ultimate to win 10 pro.

On looking at the root of C:/ there are eight 0KB files with odd file names. Are these files needed or can they be safely deleted?

bacillus, Aug 18, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Is it safe to remove these folders?

If E: is being used for Data storage, the folders on C: should show under Properties > Location that the real storage location is E: not C:. If you delete those on C:, it will end up causing the others to disappear or end up empty.

Make sure in Disk Management that you nave that other drive physically assigned the E: drive name. Otherwise it can change if it is just automatically assigned.

bro67, Aug 18, 2015
  5. The folders properties on C: drive don't have a location tab, although the ones I haven't moved do. If I go to This PC all these folders point to the folders on E: drive. I've already deleted them on C: drive and the E: drive folders are still intact *Smile

fracking4oil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is it safe to remove these folders?

1. Is it safe to remove these folders? - Similar Threads - safe remove folders

2. is it safe to these folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to these folders: I'm trying to free up space when i found these folders is it safe to delete them and if it is how can i do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-these-folders/383ec25e-6d85-443e-a4b4-7d4ab7cff5ea
  3. How to safely remove user folder from desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to safely remove user folder from desktop?: Hello,I've recently upgraded my graphics card GTX 2080 to a 3070 after my last one died. I've now noticed that there is a folder with my name on it sitting on my desktop. When I open it up, it holds all the same files that my user file does on my C drive. If I go to my users...
  4. How to safely remove user folder from desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to safely remove user folder from desktop?: Hello,I've recently upgraded my graphics card GTX 2080 to a 3070 after my last one died. I've now noticed that there is a folder with my name on it sitting on my desktop. When I open it up, it holds all the same files that my user file does on my C drive. If I go to my users...
  5. Is it safe to remove my unused user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to remove my unused user folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Getta537 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3cbwj/is_it_safe_to_remove_my_unused_user_folder/
  6. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  7. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  8. Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?: v1903 installed on a ~256GB MBR disk. Code: C:\Recovery [folder] 4.86 GB used <unnamed> [partition] 534 MB "Healthy, (Recovery Partition)" Recovery Image [partition] 11.72 GB "Healthy, (Primary Partition)"[/quote] I'm hoping to tidy up this hard drive. Please could someone...
  9. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the usb stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  10. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584