Windows 10: Is it safe to remove this particular partition?

Discus and support Is it safe to remove this particular partition? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am mostly clearing space for my drive or storage when I saw this partition Highlighted in red that gives me some vibes that if I delete it then my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Holddan, May 22, 2023.

1. Holddan Win User

Is it safe to remove this particular partition?

I am mostly clearing space for my drive or storage when I saw this partition Highlighted in red that gives me some vibes that if I delete it then my pc breaks. That partition just appeared after an update for windows 10So my main question is, is it safe to remove?

:)

Holddan, May 22, 2023
  2. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, May 22, 2023
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 22, 2023
  4. Is it safe to remove this particular partition?

Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Is it safe to remove this particular partition?

1. Is it safe to remove this particular partition? - Similar Threads - safe remove particular

2. Is it safe to remove this "RST" entry from the EFI System Partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to remove this "RST" entry from the EFI System Partition?: the output of `bcdedit /enum firmware` is the following: Firmware Boot Manager --------------------- identifier {fwbootmgr} displayorder {bootmgr} {eb730034-e0bc-11ed-94cc-806e6f6e6963} {f379c659-0d9c-11ee-94ff-806e6f6e6963} {eb73002e-e0bc-11ed-94cc-806e6f6e6963} timeout 0...
  3. Is it safe to remove this "RST" entry from the EFI System Partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to remove this "RST" entry from the EFI System Partition?: the output of `bcdedit /enum firmware` is the following: Firmware Boot Manager --------------------- identifier {fwbootmgr} displayorder {bootmgr} {eb730034-e0bc-11ed-94cc-806e6f6e6963} {f379c659-0d9c-11ee-94ff-806e6f6e6963} {eb73002e-e0bc-11ed-94cc-806e6f6e6963} timeout 0...
  4. Is it safe to remove this particular partition?

Is it safe to remove this particular partition?: I am mostly clearing space for my drive or storage when I saw this partition Highlighted in red that gives me some vibes that if I delete it then my pc breaks. That partition just appeared after an update for windows 10So my main question is, is it safe to remove?...
  5. Is it safe to remove this particular partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to remove this particular partition?: I am mostly clearing space for my drive or storage when I saw this partition Highlighted in red that gives me some vibes that if I delete it then my pc breaks. That partition just appeared after an update for windows 10So my main question is, is it safe to remove?I dont know...
  6. Is it safe to remove Restore partition in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to remove Restore partition in Windows 11?: I was going to make a partition in my drive and just noticed a windows partition named Restore which holds 22GB space of my SSD and no one would like to waste 22GB space of their data storage. My question is, is it safe to remove/delete this partition named restore, if yes...
  7. Is it safe to remove Restore partition in Windows 11?

Is it safe to remove Restore partition in Windows 11?: I was going to make a partition in my drive and just noticed a windows partition named Restore which holds 22GB space of my SSD and no one would like to waste 22GB space of their data storage. My question is, is it safe to remove/delete this partition named restore, if yes...
  8. Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Safe procedure to Remove Old Recovery Partition at beginning of Disk: What is the best procedure (ideally without 3d party Soft) to remove an old, unused Recovery Partition which sits at the beginning of the Disk and then move the rest of the existing partitions left to the beginning of the disk. Winver 20H2 19042.630 [img] 169361
  9. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  10. Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which recovery partitions and folders can safely be removed?: v1903 installed on a ~256GB MBR disk. Code: C:\Recovery [folder] 4.86 GB used <unnamed> [partition] 534 MB "Healthy, (Recovery Partition)" Recovery Image [partition] 11.72 GB "Healthy, (Primary Partition)"[/quote] I'm hoping to tidy up this hard drive. Please could someone...