Windows 10: IS it safe to reset PC with USB?

Discus and support IS it safe to reset PC with USB? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, so I ran something, windows became corrupt, settings would go wierd. no internet. Everything got corrupt. When i plug in my usb it still shows up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glattic, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Glattic Win User

IS it safe to reset PC with USB?

Hey, so I ran something, windows became corrupt, settings would go wierd. no internet. Everything got corrupt. When i plug in my usb it still shows up, also not that i tried to reset PC from advanced bootup, it states "Could not reset, no changes was made" the thing is i made a backup of my system, but that got deleted to, so i wonna reset with a usb, by reinstalling windows but if I do, will it mess up my computer?

- Thanks, Glattic

:)

Glattic, Jun 12, 2020

2. Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 12, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 12, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. IS it safe to reset PC with USB? - Similar Threads - safe reset USB

2. Unable to Boot, Safe Restore or Reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Boot, Safe Restore or Reset PC: Hi, I tried turning on my PC today and it initially loaded into the sign-in interface, but kept refreshing thus I could not type in my password. I decided to restart the pc, which then led to "Preparing Automatic Repair". 1 Automatic Repair Failed > restart or advanced...
  3. Unable to Boot, Safe Restore or Reset PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Boot, Safe Restore or Reset PC: Hi, I tried turning on my PC today and it initially loaded into the sign-in interface, but kept refreshing thus I could not type in my password. I decided to restart the pc, which then led to "Preparing Automatic Repair". 1 Automatic Repair Failed > restart or advanced...
  4. Reset PC while in safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC while in safe mode?: I keep getting this popup that says “Microsoft Windows is not responding”, and I tried everything that I could to fix it but none of them worked. I then asked the original owner and builder of the PC and he told me that it might be just a Windows problem and I should just...
  5. How to Reset a PC in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Reset a PC in Safe Mode: Hello, My PC gets a BSOD constantly whenever I'm not in Safe Mode, within minutes of starting the PC. After doing everything I can to try to fix it checking the disk, sfc, crash logs, etc., I just want to reinstall Windows. Unfortunately, Windows is telling me that PC...
  6. Safely Remove USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove USB: Hi Folks, I have a 500 GB WD HDD attached to my Win 10 Laptop. I tried to Safely Remove it 5 times but was still in use. I restarted my PC where I knew I could remove it safely, but I didn't. On restarting with it still connected, I was still unable to remove it safely. Is...
  7. Safely Remove USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove USB: Hi Folks, I have a 500 GB WD HDD attached to my Win 10 Laptop. I tried to Safely Remove it 5 times but was still in use. I restarted my PC where I knew I could remove it safely, but I didn't. On restarting with it still connected, I was still unable to remove it safely. Is...
  8. Windows safe reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows safe reset: Hi I would like to know if a normal pc reset delets everything from the hdd/ssd except windows. I just saw in a newspaper that it was possible to recover some files from a 2nd hand pc. Is there a safe (and easy) way without fire and nuclear destruction of the harddrive to...
  9. How to reset PC with USB

How to reset PC with USB: Okay, so my windows got corrupt, and i mean everything, luckily USB still shows, but the recovery files for windows are completely gone, so when i tried to reset it states no changes have been made. a friend recommended a clean install of windows 10 using USB, Could someone...
  10. Resetting PC with USB drive.

Resetting PC with USB drive.: Hey, so recently i opened malicious file. It corrupted alot of windows files, that are needed for windows to work. When i try to reset my PC. It says something has gone wrong. I made a system restore point before I used the software. And it has got deleted on my system after...