Windows 10: is it safe to run pc without ups until i buy new battery.. ?

Discus and support is it safe to run pc without ups until i buy new battery.. ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello ,, it wil take me atleast two weeks to buy new battery for replacing dead one,, i wanted to know if i can run my desktop pc without ups ,, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajayhirur, Sep 1, 2019.

1. ajayhirur Win User

is it safe to run pc without ups until i buy new battery.. ?

hello ,,

it wil take me atleast two weeks to buy new battery for replacing dead one,,
    i wanted to know if i can run my desktop pc without ups ,, and with just stabalizer connected ..

:)

ajayhirur, Sep 1, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 1, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 1, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

explorer.exe will not run other than in safe mode

MS suggests:
    Once your PC is in Safe Mode, reinstall your display adapter driver.

• Type device manager into the search box on the taskbar, and then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapter.
    • Right-click the display adapter and select Uninstall > OK.
    • Restart your PC.

dalchina, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. is it safe to run pc without ups until i buy new battery.. ? - Similar Threads - safe run without

2. Why does Microsoft recommend buying a new PC to run Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft recommend buying a new PC to run Windows 10?: I'm a Windows 7 user and Microsoft invited me to downgrade to Windows 10 (which I won't be doing). But I was struck by one particular statement: "The best way to experience Windows 10 is on a new PC. While it is possible to install Windows 10 on your older device, it is...
  3. To buy a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To buy a new PC: Ok so i need to build a Pc with good, fine settings like 4/8GB ram, 3.0 ghz processor and everything . Can somebody suggest me components???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-buy-a-new-pc/93cf2b3e-64cd-445d-b218-e8a58439c439
  4. Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC: I have a 12 year old PC. It's a Dell XPS 410 that has had many hardware upgrades through the years to include a SSD, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 ti graphics card, a 600W PSU, 8g RAM, and an Intel Core Quad CPU (Q6600) at 2.4 GHz. This is not hardly a modern day gaming rig. But...
  5. Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to run computer on AC, without charging battery?: Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow let the computer (Acer Swift 3) stay connected to AC, but without constantly having to charge the battery fully up to 100% ? Does windows 10 have some options in this matter? Thanx! BRG/ Örjan. Battery charging advice -...
  6. I just purchased a new PC without an os

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I just purchased a new PC without an os: Can I migrate the w10 pro from my old pc to the new one by doing a system clone onto the new pc? The w10 pro license is apparently linked to my windows account so I just assumed it would activate once i'm signed in on the new pc?...
  7. Where to buy a laptop battery?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where to buy a laptop battery?: Trying to find a decent battery for my Y500, i know you can buy them off ebay, amazon etc but is there any other places? Or do you just take a chance and buy one from ebay? 61037
  8. Buying a new PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Buying a new PC: I will be purchasing a new PC next month. I use Todo Backup to create a system backup. Can I use the backup on a new SSD or would it be wise to do a clean install of Windows 10? I will uninstall the sound card driver and any other drivers that are obsolete because the new PC...
  9. Wireless works fine on new install until I run Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless works fine on new install until I run Windows Update: I have an elderly but perfectly functional Acer 5920 laptop (I upgraded it extensively in the years). It has an Intel 3945ABG wifi chipset. I've been running Linux on it since forever, but it became necessary to put Windows on it. I installed Windows 8.1 and everything...
  10. New buy

in Windows 10 Support
    New buy: Hi Guys, I was hoping some of u could help me out in picking a desktop that will still be good in 3 to 4 yrs and I will be able to upgrade it at that point as well. I am looking to spend around $500 on it. I am not a gamer nor do i do any editing on videos. I would like to...