Windows 10: is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC?

Discus and support is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Support, is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC? Is it safe to overclock the CPU / GPU core voltage and change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fagoon, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Fagoon Win User

is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC?

Dear Microsoft Support, is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC? Is it safe to overclock the CPU / GPU core voltage and change the manufacturer settings with CPU-Z? Are there any drawbacks to using this utility? This is because I have experienced it twice and after using CPU-Z, the PC restarts randomly. Even if you rewrite the BIOS, the PC will restart randomly within 5 seconds, just like after using CPU-Z. Looking forward to hearing a good reply. Thanking you

:)

Fagoon, Jan 11, 2021

2. Calendar is utilizing 100% CPU usgae on PC running Windows 10.

Hello Frost,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to the issue?
    • Did you install any program/application on the computer downloaded from the browser?

The CPU usage may spike due to the third party software conflicting with the program that will be running in the background on the computer.

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists in Safe mode and perform
    Clean boot by following the steps below.

Step 1: Boot the PC in Safe mode by following the steps from the link below.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot the PC in Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Restart the PC to exit from Safe mode and start the computer in normal mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue does not persists in
    Safe mode
    , boot the computer in Clean boot state by following the steps below, and check if the issue persists.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You can open the System configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig.msc and press
      Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      msconfig.
    • Select the top most search result.

Follow the steps from 3 underHow to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    How to disappear the Z partition in "This PC"

Hi Disal,

To delete the Z: drive partition, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R. Type diskmgmt.msc, then hit
      Enter.
    • Right-click on the partition, then select Delete Volume to delete a partition.

Note: This option deletes every single file on the partition, please be careful when using it.

We also suggest running Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan and protect your computer from any viruses.

Update us with the result.

Riel Alc, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

CPU not running in full speed in Windows 10

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to help you with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Aside from clean installations, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run Windows 10 on
    Safe mode
    and check the CPU performance if there will be any changes.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC? - Similar Threads - safe run CPU

2. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  3. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  4. CPU Utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  5. CPU Utilization

CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  6. CPU Utilization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%...
  7. Is CPU Z safe to run on Windows 11home? and will it be stable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is CPU Z safe to run on Windows 11home? and will it be stable?: I want to look at my CPU voltage without BIOS so that's why I want to install CPU zSo I want to know if it is safe for my computer that has these specsIntel core i3 11th gen4gb of ram1tb of storagewindows 11 home...
  8. Is CPU Z safe to run on Windows 11home? and will it be stable?

Is CPU Z safe to run on Windows 11home? and will it be stable?: I want to look at my CPU voltage without BIOS so that's why I want to install CPU zSo I want to know if it is safe for my computer that has these specsIntel core i3 11th gen4gb of ram1tb of storagewindows 11 home...
  9. CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running: In December of last year I upgraded to Windows 10 because of the support for Windows 7 coming to an end. It was around that time I began to notice that my mouse was beginning to stutter and lag. Sometimes I can't even hold right-click for a full 5 seconds without it letting...
  10. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization: The new full-screen performance monitor (open task manager, click Performance, double-click the graph) sure is pretty. [img] 10389