Windows 10: Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.

Discus and support Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently yesterday had downloaded a Minecraft mod file, it worked as intended but then I was charged for $300 in gifted subscriptions for Discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lexi Greene, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.

I recently yesterday had downloaded a Minecraft mod file, it worked as intended but then I was charged for $300 in gifted subscriptions for Discord then logged out of Discord. This was confusing so I ran a Full system scan and it said I had a severe Trojan virus on my pc. I factory reset it with all the options checked like clear data. I am now just wondering if it is safe to sign back into OneDrive since I know it syncs files/saves files. I do not want to factory reset again, it took about 4 hours but I will if needed. Any advice would be gr

:)

Lexi Greene, Nov 29, 2023
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Nov 29, 2023
  3. ElleQueen Win User
    Factory reset and Onedrive

Hello

Ihave to send in my Lenovo Laptop into repair. Which will mean they will have to factory reset.

My Onedrive files is linked to my laptop and is on documents.

when they do a Factory reset, will all of my onedrive files be safe?

if not, what can i do to make sure all of my files are safe?

ElleQueen, Nov 29, 2023
  4. simrick Win User

Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.

Trojan Detected in OneDrive

Can I just make an observation here?

From your pic, it appears that the executable OneDrive.exe has been flagged as a virus. This sounds like a FP (false positive) to me.

I would suggest you upload that file to VirusTotal website and see what comes up there.

I have the same file on my system in the same location and it's 536KB. I do not use OneDrive on this particular machine.

I do not think you are infected with anything. Did TDSSKiller find anything on that file?

simrick, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.

1. Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file. - Similar Threads - safe sign OneDrive

2. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive not removed after factory reset: After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for the family member then changed their status to Administrator then removed my Microsoft account. My Onedrive account is still...
  3. Onedrive not removed after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive not removed after factory reset: After passing on my laptop to a family member, I did a factory reset. My Microsoft account wasn't removed though. I added a new Microsoft account for the family member then changed their status to Administrator then removed my Microsoft account. My Onedrive account is still...
  4. Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.

Is it safe to sign into OneDrive after factory resetting because of a Trojan Malware file.: I recently yesterday had downloaded a Minecraft mod file, it worked as intended but then I was charged for $300 in gifted subscriptions for Discord then logged out of Discord. This was confusing so I ran a Full system scan and it said I had a severe Trojan virus on my pc. I...
  5. Trojan malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan malware: My PC contacted a Trojan malware script and I keep quarantining but nothing's working. My PC is currently malfunctioning and I have no clue what else to do. I also downloaded an Avira antivirus software but it couldn't get rid of the virus either. It's just somehow. Please...
  6. Trojan malware

Trojan malware: My PC contacted a Trojan malware script and I keep quarantining but nothing's working. My PC is currently malfunctioning and I have no clue what else to do. I also downloaded an Avira antivirus software but it couldn't get rid of the virus either. It's just somehow. Please...
  7. Trojan and Malware

Trojan and Malware: Hello. So since 2/20/2022 my pc got a trojan virus and a malware and I think their located in chrome and windows power shell based on these screen shots. And idk how to fix this I have uninstalled both windows power shell and chrome. Then checked both the locations and some...
  8. Trojan and Malware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trojan and Malware: Hello. So since 2/20/2022 my pc got a trojan virus and a malware and I think their located in chrome and windows power shell based on these screen shots. And idk how to fix this I have uninstalled both windows power shell and chrome. Then checked both the locations and some...
  9. Factory reset and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset and Onedrive: Hello Ihave to send in my Lenovo Laptop into repair. Which will mean they will have to factory reset. My Onedrive files is linked to my laptop and is on documents. when they do a Factory reset, will all of my onedrive files be safe? if not, what can i do to make sure all...
  10. Can't sign in after factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in after factory reset: Ok, so I have problem last 3 days. Im factory reseted laptop and now i can't sign in. And I reseted whole laptop so my local account is propably deleted and if I use Microsoft account I can't still sign in. Im trying to somehow create new administrator through safe mod...