Windows 10: Is it safe to stop these Nvidia and Intel background tasks?

Discus and support Is it safe to stop these Nvidia and Intel background tasks? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] It also opens \"Nvidia Web Helper Service\" on startup. I know these don't really affect performance, but it's just annoying that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChilDragonMC, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Is it safe to stop these Nvidia and Intel background tasks?

/u/ChilDragonMC, Jan 16, 2021
  2. GN21YM Win User

Task host is stopping background tasks

What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks?

GN21YM, Jan 16, 2021
  3. kardmania Win User
    task host window is stopping background tasks

This warning has become an issue after two of the last three windows updates stopping restarts and shutdowns.

We have tried the many steps outlined via google search as well as:

Control panel
    Administrative Tools
    Task Scheduler open
    Left side
    Select Task schedule library
    Select Microsoft
    Select Windows
    Select RAS and open
    If mobility is present delete mobility

Bootup also seems to be slow.

kardmania, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Is it safe to stop these Nvidia and Intel background tasks?

Background tasks no-longer running

So I've now got my background tasks working again with the help of people at the WPCentral forum. They advised that I uninstall apps that can use background tasks, whether those tasks are enabled or not. The theory is that Windows Phone has some kind of
    issue with there being too many apps installed that register the use of background tasks and that disabling the background tasks does not help.

So here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> swipe left --> background tasks --> advanced.
    • Make a list of all of the apps installed that can run background tasks.
    • Uninstall as many of those apps as possible. In my case, I had quite a few apps that I actually rarely use.
    • Restart the phone.
    That's it. The background tasks for the apps I actually want to be able to run then just started running again. One person in the thread suggested you can also work around the problem by careful configuration of each app to disable background operations
    you don't actually want, without having to uninstall them.

For more detail you can see the WPCentral forum thread here:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/240483-background-tasks-no-longer-running.html

Benjamin Brereton, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Is it safe to stop these Nvidia and Intel background tasks?

1. Is it safe to stop these Nvidia and Intel background tasks? - Similar Threads - safe stop Nvidia

2. Task host is stopping background programs??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task host is stopping background programs??: Hello all, I have Windows 11 and for the past week or so, whenever I try to 'Shut down' the laptop I am getting stopped by the error message in question....I am not really looking for a way to troubleshoot it, just checking to see if this is a critical Windows error that I...
  3. Task host is stopping background programs??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task host is stopping background programs??: Hello all, I have Windows 11 and for the past week or so, whenever I try to 'Shut down' the laptop I am getting stopped by the error message in question....I am not really looking for a way to troubleshoot it, just checking to see if this is a critical Windows error that I...
  4. Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks: In addition to these problems: Start Button is not working. Windows Explorer/Search is not working. Setting is not responsive. When I restart or shutdown, I get the message "Task Host Window is Stopping Background Tasks". Is this creating the problem with the Start...
  5. Task host is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task host is stopping background tasks: What can be done to correct receiving task host is stopping background tasks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-host-is-stopping-background-tasks/a7f82c8e-4c1f-405e-b0a0-962966238837
  6. background task host stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    background task host stopped working: reliability history shows background task host stopped working but have no issues with startup or shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-task-host-stopped-working/5fce5723-7910-4cc8-bf63-ba57cf270b2e
  7. 1809 Black background in task manager, nvidia panel etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    1809 Black background in task manager, nvidia panel etc: [ATTACH] It's everywhere, doesn't matter if dark mod on/off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1809-black-background-in-task-manager-nvidia-panel/0a477255-aa2a-4474-9841-f487bd1df8c6
  8. Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which NVidia Tasks and Services are Safe to Disable: I just installed a new NVidia GTX 1050 Ti GPu since the previous AMD GPU died. Which of the tasks and services below can I safely disable? I'm content to configure games manually and check manually for driver updates. Services: [img] Tasks: [img] 94982
  9. task host window is stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task host window is stopping background tasks: This warning has become an issue after two of the last three windows updates stopping restarts and shutdowns. We have tried the many steps outlined via google search as well as: Control panel Administrative Tools Task Scheduler open Left side Select Task schedule...
  10. Task Host Window stopping background tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Host Window stopping background tasks: It means that a process is hung up and Windows has killed it. Sounds like your video editor is the problem. I think your right. I contacted my IT service and they told me the graphics card needed updating. I thought that fixed the problem but later today Premiere began to...