Windows 10: Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

Discus and support Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aryan Jingade, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another and will my PC work properly if I do this?

:)

Aryan Jingade, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Local Disk D is faster than Local Disk C

Thats a pretty cool story.

looking at the size they also appear to be completely different disks.

Solaris17, Dec 28, 2018
  3. local disk Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D? :D

my computer created the local disk Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D? :D partition, automatically. Windows is always notifying me to free some space of the disk but when I open the folder of the local disk Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D? :D it says that it don't have any information but it's full. What do I can do for solving
    this issue?

Thanks, Zuley

ZuleyBetancourt, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

Local Disk D:

I continue to get messages telling me that my local disk D: is full. It asks me if I want to do a disk clean up. When I say yes, it takes me to disk clean up, but there is nothing showing that is on locak disk D:. It shows that I have plenty of space
    and nothing gets deleted off of it.

What is actually stored on local disk D: and why am I getting this message if nothing is showing on it when I go to disk clean up?

CandyB1020, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

1. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D? - Similar Threads - safe transfer fies

2. extending local disk D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    extending local disk D: I am trying to extend local disk c. There is no unallocated space in the right of C. I have a local disk D which cannot delete or formatgreyed. kindly help. Also i keep getting ERROR 0x80070057 whenever I try to transfer files from C to create space...
  3. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  4. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  5. Merging Local Disk C and D.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging Local Disk C and D.: Dear Whoever is reading this, I Bought a WD Blue 500GB hard drive. I have two local disks, C and D. Whenever I download something it instantly downloads to C, which is the one with less storage. IF by any chance anyone knows how to merge both of the disks that would be...
  6. local disk d

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    local disk d: hi, i need some help, please help.... the problem is my hp laptop's local disk d is corrupted.... when I try to open it, it says that i have to format the disk.. And when I click format a blue screen appear.. and the stop code : KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.. please...
  7. Local Disk C

Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  8. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  9. Transferring files from Local disk C to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from Local disk C to D: i wanted to transfer some of my files from local disk C to D so because my local disk C is filling up, plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-files-from-local-disk-c-to-d/32dea249-81c0-4c05-bed3-ba059521e709
  10. Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:)

Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:): I am currently unable to access my Local Disks, or open programs inside them, such as the task manager, user account control, and even the registry editor. Attempting to open anything (With administrator priveleges) just result in an access denied message. I have tried...