Windows 10: Is it safe to update Win10 ?

Discus and support Is it safe to update Win10 ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop died* after I updated it a few months ago. It was just out of warranty. Could have been a coincidence, but I'm anxious about updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eekamuse, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Is it safe to update Win10 ?

My laptop died* after I updated it a few months ago. It was just out of warranty. Could have been a coincidence, but I'm anxious about updating anything.

I Just bought a cheap refurbished desktop. It has Win10 Pro, ver. 10.0.18363 Build 18363

I know people had lots of problems with KB4556799. Is it safe to do this update? Will it include KB4556799? Is it possible to keep delaying the update, or install just the security patches?

I can't afford to lose this computer too.

Thanks

*I haven't found a fix yet. 700 bucks gone.

submitted by /u/eekamuse
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eekamuse, Jul 10, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Toothless Win User

Is it safe to update Win10 ?

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Is it safe to update Win10 ? [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to update Win10 ?

1. Is it safe to update Win10 ? - Similar Threads - safe update Win10

2. Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode: Hi,Given a PC to fix, running Win10 Home. Rollback failure using Windows Media Creation disk.All troubleshoot options failed.On repair there is a Win10 Rollback, as well as Win10 option to select from. Tried both - no joy.Followed other examples from similar issues to no...
  3. Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Rollback failure in safe mode: Hi,Given a PC to fix, running Win10 Home. Rollback failure using Windows Media Creation disk.All troubleshoot options failed.On repair there is a Win10 Rollback, as well as Win10 option to select from. Tried both - no joy.Followed other examples from similar issues to no...
  4. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: After uninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS (with FW), win10 (v20H2 b19842.804) starts to safe mode. Probably there will be some rest of the installation that prevents normal. Although MSConfig cancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or...
  5. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: Afteruninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS with FW, win10 starts tosafe mode.Probably there will besome rest of the installation that prevents normal.Although MSConfigcancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or minimal safeboot. I.e.do not...
  6. After win10 update wrong password in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After win10 update wrong password in safe mode: Help After the latest win 10 update I get this: Stopcode: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION when starting I am unable to login When I start in safe mode I am told my password is wrong so cant use command prompt or any Startup Settings I have tried resetting my Microsoft...
  7. Incorrect password for win10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incorrect password for win10 safe mode: Guys, I would like to reboot to the safe mode with minimum guide. And when the password is requied on the login page of safe mode, it just keeps saying every password i try is incorrrct. I've tried microsoft account password, old ms account password and even the PIN, nothing...
  8. Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!: I'm locked out of win 10 in safe mode. Entere safe mode to fix Kaspersky but cannot get past the safe mode login. For YEARS been using PIN for this but now it demands some ancient password. How bloody crazy is that? I have gone through the MS password reset business but of...
  9. Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10: Hello, My system unable to start in safe mode, but normal start works without any problem. whenever i try safe mode by selecting "4" screen take me to diagnosing system attempting repair loop every time. in last SRTTRAIL LOG Done. i tried all chkdsk, bootrec options... no...
  10. D/Led win10 anniversary update...stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    D/Led win10 anniversary update...stuck in safe mode: everything went smoothly the restarts and all....but after the final restart my PC has been stuck in Safe Mode and I have no clue how to get it back to regular mode. I've tried the win+r and checking the safe mode box on the boot tab, and that didn't work. also tried Command...