Windows 10: Is it safe to update windows using a bootable USB?

Discus and support Is it safe to update windows using a bootable USB? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My HP Stream 14 Notebook never has enough space for an update, so I was wondering if I could use the Media Creation Tool to update my system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aayath Shukry, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Is it safe to update windows using a bootable USB?

Hello,

My HP Stream 14 Notebook never has enough space for an update, so I was wondering if I could use the Media Creation Tool to update my system. Can anybody tell me theEXACT steps to UPGRADE Windows 10, not a clean install.

:)

Aayath Shukry, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Is it safe to update windows using a bootable USB?

streetfighter 2, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Is it safe to update windows using a bootable USB?

1. Is it safe to update windows using a bootable USB? - Similar Threads - safe update using

2. Bootable USB asking for an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable USB asking for an update?: Hey all. So my bootable USB keeps asking for a windows update, but whenever I click next, it restarts the PC and does the same thing again. Is there a way to bypass this?Thanks,Peter...
  3. Bootable USB asking for an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable USB asking for an update?: Hey all. So my bootable USB keeps asking for a windows update, but whenever I click next, it restarts the PC and does the same thing again. Is there a way to bypass this?Thanks,Peter...
  4. Bootable USB asking for an update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.

Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.: So, When I was using windows i got a No bootable device, After I waited for 2 says my USB came with windows iso file inside it. I selected it and it worked but i turned my pc off in the Repair my computer and I tried reinstalling again but its shows No bootable device i...
  6. Windows Bootable Usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Bootable Usb: Hi, Gooday Day! I have a concern regarding a hard drive used as a bootable usb for windows then the files got formatted is there a chance that I can recover those files and convert back the external hard drive into normal?...
  7. Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.

Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.: I had Windows 10 installed in my machine and the C: drive was bitlocker encrypted. Now, that my system crashed, I want to install Windows afresh. But while booting the USB drive, the drives don't show up. It asked me to load drives so tried loading drivers but that didn't...
  8. USB Bootable

USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  9. Use bootable USB to upgrade to 1511

Use bootable USB to upgrade to 1511: Okay so I couldn't get Windows Update to install the November update, so I downloaded the .ISO file and created a bootable USB drive. My question is can use the setup .exe in the thumb drive to do the upgrade? Or will this want to do a clean install? I just want the...
  10. Can I upgrade using a bootable USB instead of using Windows Update?

Can I upgrade using a bootable USB instead of using Windows Update?: I don't know why, but I can't seem to upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows Update. The installation just doesn't happen, and whenever I go to the update history all "Upgrade to Windows 10 Home" entries show as unsuccessfull. So what I did was create a bootable USB with...