Windows 10: Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender?

Discus and support Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender? Or it is better completely disable windows defender and only use Kaspersky? 99524 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ztartennery, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender?

Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender? Or it is better completely disable windows defender and only use Kaspersky?

:)

ztartennery, Dec 3, 2017

2. Turn Off Safe Mode Windows 10

Hi,

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 kept giving the me that Windows 10 had started in Safe Mode and so aspects of Kaspersky were disabled.

Windows wasn't starting in safe mode .... so I checked out its compatibility with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. It wasn't fully compatible. Kaspersky have released 2016 version. After installing this, both Windows 10 and Kaspersky seem to be working
    fine.

I hope this is useful to others.

RachelBaill, Dec 3, 2017
  3. bobirwin4 Win User
    Is it possible to use both headphones and speakers at the same time in Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Original Title: headphone + Speakers

I want to use headphones at the same time as I use the speakers.

I am hard of hearing and need the volume LOUD. When others are watching a movie, being shown on the HDTV, they will not let me turn the volume up to where I need it, hence, headphones and speakers at the same time.

I am using Windows 7, I would like to stay with Windows 7, so I would like a Windows 7 solution.

If there is no Windows 7 solution, and there is a solution using Windows 10, then, and only then, will I upgrade to Windows 10.

Using Headphones and speakers was possible under Windows XP. I think some kid at Microsoft, with proper hearing, thought this feature was redundant, and removed it. Great.

Macs will play through both headphones and speakers, so it may be time to buy a Mac!

bobirwin4, Dec 3, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender?

You can leave WD to do "sporadic runs" alongside another AV product. Your call.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    You can set up Defender to do periodic scanning in parallel with Kaspersky antivirus.

Steve C, Dec 3, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Defender automatically turns off if you install a other recognised AV package. Having both online simultaneously can cause conflicts and reduce performance significantly. As others say, you can scan periodically with Defender in offline mode.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender?

1. Is it safe to use both Kaspersky and Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - safe both Kaspersky

2. Is Defend Reloaded Safe To Use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Defend Reloaded Safe To Use: Can someone tell me if Defend reloaded is safe to use? I did a scan of the exe at Virus Total and the below came up on the scan Trojan-Ransom.NSIS.Zerber.b THANKS!!!! 170849
  3. Are Kaspersky Beta Applications Safe To Use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are Kaspersky Beta Applications Safe To Use?: Hi community, recently I got a promo license for Kaspersky beta antivirus. So, I download the product from official I think it's official, never seen this before website: https://box.kaspersky.com/d/c905bc509132496d9920/ [ATTACH] Then the story began. Previously, I have...
  4. Is Kaspersky Beta Applications Are Safe To Use?

Is Kaspersky Beta Applications Are Safe To Use?: Hi community, recently I got a promo license for Kaspersky beta antivirus. So, I download the product from official I think it's official, never seen this before website: https://box.kaspersky.com/d/c905bc509132496d9920/ [ATTACH] Then the story began. Previously, I have...
  5. Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?

Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?: Which antivirus should I use??? Kaspersky Internet Security or Windows defender? Or both??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-kaspersky-internet-security/b4755732-7af4-4bd0-9f21-38d3bc66918f
  6. Windows Defender/Security and Kaspersky

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender/Security and Kaspersky: If I uninstall Kasperksy will Windows Defender/Security automatically take over? I am asking because I want to install Malwarebytes, but there is a known issue with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. Thanks....
  7. Defender/Kaspersky

Defender/Kaspersky: I have win 8.1 on my PC and have relied on Kaspersky for a number of years. It has served me well over the years except once when I encountered a software issue and turned off Kaspersky, enabled Windows Defender so I could scan for issues. Defender found the issue that...
  8. Windows Defender says Kaspersky Free is off but Kaspersky says it is running and protecting?

Windows Defender says Kaspersky Free is off but Kaspersky says it is running and protecting?: It seems that the last couple of days every time I boot up my Win 10 PC Windows Defender has a red cross on its icon, when I open it I get a message saying Kaspersky Free is off and your device may be unprotected. When I open Kaspersky it says all is good and my computer is...
  9. Can't disable Windows Defender with Kaspersky

Can't disable Windows Defender with Kaspersky: I've found the page that advises on how to disable Windows Defender on here, but the screen I get in the 'Windows Defender Security Centre' looks nothing like I see there, and there is no option to turn off real time protection, only a way of changing scan options. I keep...
  10. Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?

Kaspersky and Windows Defender both running?: I am a bit confused as to whether or not I have 2 virus checkers running at the same time! I've taken a couple of pics and perhaps someone can enlighten me. [img] [img] Thanks, Jon 107071

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Do Windows Defender and Kaspersky have to both on

2. i use both windows defender and kaspersky