Windows 10: Is it safe to use programs to modify windows features?

Discus and support Is it safe to use programs to modify windows features? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example Rainmeter, to add a clock on the main page and this type of software, like the ones used to modify the taskbar etc.. are they safe to use?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotWea, Sep 9, 2020.

1. /u/NotWea Win User

Is it safe to use programs to modify windows features?

For example Rainmeter, to add a clock on the main page and this type of software, like the ones used to modify the taskbar etc.. are they safe to use? Or at least Rainmeter is?

submitted by /u/NotWea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotWea, Sep 9, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 9, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Windows Features

Hi,

We would like to know more about this issue that you're encountering with your computer showing a blank screen when you open the Windows features. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you trying to develop a program?
    • Is .Net Framework 4.7 a requirement by a program that you're going to use?
    • Have you tried opening the Windows features in safe mode?
    • Have you tried opening the Windows features on a different user profile?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you create a new user profile with admin privileges and check if the issue is resolved. You can refer to this article for the steps on how to:

Set up accounts

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it safe to use programs to modify windows features? - Similar Threads - safe programs modify

2. Program and features not showing anything below date modified and type column

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program and features not showing anything below date modified and type column: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel-do-not-show/bc662bc1-6e7b-4198-8dd7-68e662ce2025I'm having the exact same problem that is described there, but it is not working for me. The column is there but the details are missing....
  3. Program and features not showing anything below date modified and type column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program and features not showing anything below date modified and type column: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel-do-not-show/bc662bc1-6e7b-4198-8dd7-68e662ce2025I'm having the exact same problem that is described there, but it is not working for me. The column is there but the details are missing....
  4. Program and features not showing anything below date modified and type column

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs: HP support says that I need to uninstall and re-install a utility program called "HP Scan Extended HPscan.exe" in order to fix a problem with that program. So I go to Windows Control Panel Programs and Features, but the uninstall hangs. I try to cancel it but it won't cancel....
  6. Is it safe to modify AMD Radeon Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it safe to modify AMD Radeon Settings?: Its been so long that those random radeon settings pop up ever since i updated my PC, but i want to modify it, so it won’t pop up everytime i rebooted my PC and slowing it down my PC as i rebooted it. I need know if its safe enough to do it i just don’t wanna broke my...
  7. Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?

Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?: Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use? Can it cause problems with my Windows installation or any other program installed on my computer? I just scanned my computer with System Ninja and it detected 4.5 GB (537 files) of junk on my C: drive where Windows is installed....
  8. Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?: Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use? Can it cause problems with my Windows installation or any other program installed on my computer? I just scanned my computer with System Ninja and it detected 4.5 GB (537 files) of junk on my C: drive where Windows is installed....
  9. Modified using Regedit; can't access programs/change back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modified using Regedit; can't access programs/change back: [I tried to download the file as requesting the in the BSOD Posting Instructions, but I can't due to the problem below.] I was trying to download/install a program, but did not have enough space in my C drive. As the download/installation was automatic, I could not...
  10. do you use this program ExperienceIndexOK ? is it safe?

do you use this program ExperienceIndexOK ? is it safe?: Hi i found this program ExperienceIndexOK it's portable , it has not an installation A small program and an effective solution to read and show your Windows Experience Index or to start a new calculation of the performance index. The program is primarily written for...