Windows 10: Is it safe to use RamMap application to truncate/empty standby ram ?

Discus and support Is it safe to use RamMap application to truncate/empty standby ram ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Team, FYI have opened Ram Map application and Resource Monitor. My laptop has 4 GB ram out of which 1122 MB is Hardware Reserved. And when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ashish SAM, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Is it safe to use RamMap application to truncate/empty standby ram ?

Hi Team,

FYI have opened Ram Map application and Resource Monitor.

My laptop has 4 GB ram out of which

1122 MB is Hardware Reserved.

And when no application is open in frontend the In Use memory is around 1 GB.

Now the Standby memory is usually around >1 GB and if I open chrome at same time then notebook starts lagging.

I saw some post online and found out using RamMap application we can Empty -> Modified & Standby memory, now i keep both apps open and use my machine, whenever i feel machine is lagging i clear out the modified and standby memory.

Is it safe to perform this cleanup ?

Regards,

Ashish

:)

Ashish SAM, Apr 10, 2021

2. New laptop with 6GB of RAM is only using 3GB

????? unless you know a diffferent RamMap

ComputerGeek, Apr 10, 2021
  3. paulco Win User
    Releasing Standby memory

RamMap is working for me, when you click empty standby list you then close it, and it does its thing.

paulco, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Is it safe to use RamMap application to truncate/empty standby ram ?

How to clear Windows 10 memory cache and buffers?

RickT,

Thx for the interesting suggestion.

The Rammap app itself is fairly cryptic with limited info about how to use it, but this Channel 9 video is extremely helpful to understand how the physical RAM is displayed, to understand the use of physical RAM and the various states that are displayed
    (slightly over 30 minutes long)

Defrag Tools: #6 - RAMMap

For those cutting to the chase, the "Standby List" appears to be what needs to be "Emptied."

Will start experimenting tomorrow...

Dorky Noob, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Is it safe to use RamMap application to truncate/empty standby ram ?

1. Is it safe to use RamMap application to truncate/empty standby ram ? - Similar Threads - safe RamMap application

2. Please help me understand if I have a RAM problem using "RAMMap" app data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me understand if I have a RAM problem using "RAMMap" app data.: Hello, Please could I have some help seeing whether my RAM usage is an issue? Please see the PDF I have uploaded to Github here, the file's called "details.pdf"; it shows the tabs of the "RAMMap" app that I thought would be relevant, along with a summary of my RAM usage...
  3. Please help me understand if I have a RAM problem using "RAMMap" app data.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me understand if I have a RAM problem using "RAMMap" app data.: Hello, Please could I have some help seeing whether my RAM usage is an issue? Please see the PDF I have uploaded to Github here, the file's called "details.pdf"; it shows the tabs of the "RAMMap" app that I thought would be relevant, along with a summary of my RAM usage...
  4. Standby RAM consumes spaces that causes my games/applications crash for no reasons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standby RAM consumes spaces that causes my games/applications crash for no reasons.: I can't upload any screenshot here, because its not allowing me to. but in case you want to see it I also made a post on my X account https://x.com/djentxocore/status/1739224453232705914?s=20 sam time as now December 25, 2023 - around 6pm Manila timeThe issue is with my RAM,...
  5. Standby RAM consumes spaces that causes my games/applications crash for no reasons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standby RAM consumes spaces that causes my games/applications crash for no reasons.: I can't upload any screenshot here, because its not allowing me to. but in case you want to see it I also made a post on my X account https://x.com/djentxocore/status/1739224453232705914?s=20 sam time as now December 25, 2023 - around 6pm Manila timeThe issue is with my RAM,...
  6. Feeds / Search application using all of the ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Feeds / Search application using all of the ram: I noticed that the PC started running slow today and opened task manager to see that System, Feeds Search application is using CPU and Disk quite heavily and as much ram that it can to pin it to 100%.Is anyone else experiencing this behavior?...
  7. Are Kaspersky Beta Applications Safe To Use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are Kaspersky Beta Applications Safe To Use?: Hi community, recently I got a promo license for Kaspersky beta antivirus. So, I download the product from official I think it's official, never seen this before website: https://box.kaspersky.com/d/c905bc509132496d9920/ [ATTACH] Then the story began. Previously, I have...
  8. Is Kaspersky Beta Applications Are Safe To Use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Kaspersky Beta Applications Are Safe To Use?: Hi community, recently I got a promo license for Kaspersky beta antivirus. So, I download the product from official I think it's official, never seen this before website: https://box.kaspersky.com/d/c905bc509132496d9920/ [ATTACH] Then the story began. Previously, I have...
  9. Running RamMap on schedules

Running RamMap on schedules: Hi, Is there any way to run RamMap from command line or through powershell scripts? I want to periodically run "Empty Working Sets" on schedules, e.g. every one hour. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Doesnt use more than 8gb of 32Gb RAM for "Standby"ram why ?

Windows 10 Doesnt use more than 8gb of 32Gb RAM for "Standby"ram why ?: So my windows only Utilizes 3-8gb of ram for standby ram why ? i want to use it all of my ram or close to max to fully utilize my ram. Sysmain service is running and also generating PF files so it seems "to do its thing" sadly it doesnt use my ram. Screenshot here...