Windows 10: Is it safe to use the clean all command on a ssd?

Discus and support Is it safe to use the clean all command on a ssd? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am reinstalling windows and using repair computer to go into recovery mode and get to the command prompt, I have been using the clean command in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 1_ZoSo_1, Jul 22, 2021.

1. 1_ZoSo_1 Win User

Is it safe to use the clean all command on a ssd?

I am reinstalling windows and using repair computer to go into recovery mode and get to the command prompt, I have been using the clean command in diskpart to erase data because I think I have a virus, but have not tried the clean all command yet. I heard that clean all does a proper format but is for conventional drives, should I use it on ssd to completely erase data?

:)

1_ZoSo_1, Jul 22, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Is it safe to use the clean all command on a ssd? :)

4. Bree Win User

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

1. Is it safe to use the clean all command on a ssd? - Similar Threads - safe clean command

2. Cmd command safe or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cmd command safe or not: Hello , I just ran this command in CMDwmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKeyIs this command safe?I ran it to get the product key of windows but after running it , no product key is showingIm suspicious this might throw the CPU to 100% utilisation which...
  3. Cmd command safe or not

Cmd command safe or not: Hello , I just ran this command in CMDwmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKeyIs this command safe?I ran it to get the product key of windows but after running it , no product key is showingIm suspicious this might throw the CPU to 100% utilisation which...
  4. Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command

Help : Data Lost By Using Diskpart Clean Command: By Installing Windows 11 from Windows 10 , To Make Space for Windows 11I have Entered the Command Diskpart Clean and Then convert the Diskpart to mbrAfter Installing Windows 11, I noticed That There was Only Local Disk C Which is Formatted or Cleared and Other Local Disks...
  5. Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...: Laptop is: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PM-HN024T So in short my copy of Windows got corrupted while loading a recovery point which got me stuck in the Bootloop of dead no way to get into Windows. So i tried everything in Windows RE which got me nowhere until I found the option to...
  6. Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...

Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...: Laptop is: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX516PM-HN024T So in short my copy of Windows got corrupted while loading a recovery point which got me stuck in the Bootloop of dead no way to get into Windows. So i tried everything in Windows RE which got me nowhere until I found the option to...
  7. Help, had the bootloop of dead proceeded to use "diskpart clean" command now my SSD is not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Used the "clean" command in DiskPart by mistake: I'm in a pickle and need somebody to help me. While removing some unnecessary partitions in HDD, I accidentally ran "clean" command instead of using "delete partition" command in DiskPart. Right after that, I also ran "create partition primary" command. But fortunately, I...
  9. Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?

Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?: Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use? Can it cause problems with my Windows installation or any other program installed on my computer? I just scanned my computer with System Ninja and it detected 4.5 GB (537 files) of junk on my C: drive where Windows is installed....
  10. Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use?: Is System Ninja a safe cleaning program to use? Can it cause problems with my Windows installation or any other program installed on my computer? I just scanned my computer with System Ninja and it detected 4.5 GB (537 files) of junk on my C: drive where Windows is installed....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diskpart command windows 10 virus