Windows 10: Is it Safe when my PC Running Multiple Processes of Same Application?

Discus and support Is it Safe when my PC Running Multiple Processes of Same Application? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good morning, I have a question today i looked into my task manager and noticed that windows has several processes running with the same name. Is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JanBlazejczyk, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Is it Safe when my PC Running Multiple Processes of Same Application?

Good morning, I have a question

today i looked into my task manager and noticed that windows has several processes running with the same name. Is it normal?

sorry for my lanaguage

Is it Safe when my PC Running Multiple Processes of Same Application? 6d937434-4979-49db-a55f-0e040d94603a?upload=true.png

Is it Safe when my PC Running Multiple Processes of Same Application? 01640a30-2f81-4d51-8614-b5fa44bf1b48?upload=true.png

[Original Title: duplicated processes]

:)

JanBlazejczyk, Dec 18, 2020

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Excel run in background too many process

Hello,

The multiple Excel process running on your Windows 10 device might be due to a misconfiguration of your add-ins or extensions. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Please answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Does the issue occur after startup?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you using a macro on any of your workbooks?

In the meantime, we recommend running Excel in safe mode to identify if any of your add-ins or extensions is causing the issue to happen. For the steps on how to run Excel in safe mode, please refer to this
    support article.
    Follow the steps under the section: Use the /safe option to open an Office application.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 18, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Is it Safe when my PC Running Multiple Processes of Same Application?

svchost.exe multiple applications or threads running

Hi Stacy, this is normal in Windows 10 . . .

Svchost is a process in Windows that other applications run on top of . . .

While there are a lot of them running, they use little if any resources and should not slow your system down.

If your PC is running slow, I would look for another cause.

Open Task Manager:

When you PC is running slow, which hardware item is busy (Hard drive, CPU or RAM). Whichever item is running busy, click on that column header, so the arrow is facing down, what are the top 5 processes listed in the process list?

DaveM121, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Is it Safe when my PC Running Multiple Processes of Same Application?

1. Is it Safe when my PC Running Multiple Processes of Same Application? - Similar Threads - Safe Running Multiple

2. Windows explorer run in the same process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer run in the same process: I have win11 22H2 and windows explorer doesn't run in separate process.I have enable the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in Folder Options > View.In addition the value in registry is...
  3. Windows explorer run in the same process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer run in the same process: I have win11 22H2 and windows explorer doesn't run in separate process.I have enable the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in Folder Options > View.In addition the value in registry is...
  4. Multiple of the same apps running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple of the same apps running: whenever i open task manager i keep having multiple instances of different programs running at the same time. Normally it would not be a big deal, but recently it has gotten "worse?" Some Apps like chrome i expected, but others im not too sure of. In the screenshot below are...
  5. Multiple of the same apps running

Multiple of the same apps running: whenever i open task manager i keep having multiple instances of different programs running at the same time. Normally it would not be a big deal, but recently it has gotten "worse?" Some Apps like chrome i expected, but others im not too sure of. In the screenshot below are...
  6. Multiple of the same apps running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Shutting Off + Running various processes of the same app

PC Shutting Off + Running various processes of the same app: My PC has been shutting off recently and I am unsure why. It seems to do it when I am playing games such as genshin impact, valorant, payday 2. I will play for a little bit before my pc shuts off entirely, after it shuts off I have to do a full power down and wait a couple of...
  8. PC Shutting Off + Running various processes of the same app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting Off + Running various processes of the same app: My PC has been shutting off recently and I am unsure why. It seems to do it when I am playing games such as genshin impact, valorant, payday 2. I will play for a little bit before my pc shuts off entirely, after it shuts off I have to do a full power down and wait a couple of...
  9. Application running as a background process.

Application running as a background process.: I am trying to use JDA Space Planning Plus. Yesterday it was working just fine, then a random restart on my Windows 10 PC happened. Now when I try to run the program, no window opens. When I open the task manager, it is taking up significant CPU and memory running as a...
  10. Random faults, mostly when running multiple applications

Random faults, mostly when running multiple applications: I have a dual monitor setup, so often I'll be gaming on one and watching videos or reading something on the other. The faults, which are almost never the same, only seem to occur when I'm playing some sort of game and have Firefox open. The specific game doesn't seems to...