Windows 10: Is it safe...

Discus and support Is it safe... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...to visit an 'Http' site? Or is that a total risk, best avoided? 174993 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WXC, Feb 27, 2021.

1. WXC
    WXC Win User

Is it safe...

...to visit an 'Http' site?

Or is that a total risk, best avoided?

:)

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Is it safe...

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Is it safe...

1. Is it safe... - Similar Threads - safe

2. Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and won't enter safe mode: Hello, i recently went on a trip and when i arrived back my pc booted but then proceeded to not show any desktop icons and continusly switch between the normal curser and the loading curser. After wating for about 3min i restarted my pc. This time it got stuck on the windows...
  3. I cannot safely remove portable SSD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot safely remove portable SSD's: I am having trouble safely removing external drives from my computers. The computer and drive I am having trouble with is a Lenovo Y530 laptop which is fully updated - hardware and Windows 10 and a PNY Elite Portable SSD. I have the same trouble with different drives on...
  4. Acer Laptop with windows 10 not booting up even in safe mode giving error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Laptop with windows 10 not booting up even in safe mode giving error: Hi!! Seems like I have huge problem with my laptop as nothing is working so far and requesting someone to help me. My laptop with windows 10 is not booting up, so I tried to boot in safe mode with networking or without networking by going under advance options and it...
  5. Mouse stuttering but not in safe mode even after hardware reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stuttering but not in safe mode even after hardware reset: My mouse has been completely fine every since I got it and same with the pc. One day after a restart, it randomly starting stuttering and has been doing this ever since. I've tried changing mouse settings, deleting software, safe boot, removing the realtek driver and...
  6. turning off windows 10 safe boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turning off windows 10 safe boot: Hello. yesterday my laptop's disk start working at 100% and i searched youtube to fix it. one of the suggestions was go on safe boot, restart and then tern off safe boot and restart again. unfortunately when i restart i couldn't sign in anymore because my password doesn't...
  7. Win 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 safe mode: Hello, suddenly my laptop black screen, 1. Try to login repairing system, but keep on saying wrong PW , I reset my hotmail PW -> wrong, and unable reset login PW. 2. Try start at safe mode, but pop message The system detected an overrun of stuck-based buffer in this...
  8. My laptop crashed while playing a game. Now it won’t boot up normally, safe mode does work....

My laptop crashed while playing a game. Now it won’t boot up normally, safe mode does work....: So i was playing a game, then my laptop shut down. I tried booting it and restarti my, but it always gets me an error and the windows blue screen. I can boot safe mode, and all my files seem to be there. How do i fix my laptop?...
  9. Safe Mode Windows Defender Blocked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode Windows Defender Blocked.: I had previously installed a virus which i now removed however it blocked off the Windows Defender when accessing safe mode is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Masonington2 [link] [comments]...
  10. Is it safe to use RamMap application to truncate/empty standby ram ?

Is it safe to use RamMap application to truncate/empty standby ram ?: Hi Team, FYI have opened Ram Map application and Resource Monitor. My laptop has 4 GB ram out of which 1122 MB is Hardware Reserved. And when no application is open in frontend the In Use memory is around 1 GB. Now the Standby memory is usually around >1 GB and if I...