Windows 10: Is it still possible to buy a Windows 8 pro license and use it to activate Windows 10?

Discus and support Is it still possible to buy a Windows 8 pro license and use it to activate Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm looking to get Windows 10 for my PC build but I'm able to get a Windows 8 pro license for much cheaper. I saw online that you could use a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KCF443, Aug 8, 2020.

1. /u/KCF443 Win User

Is it still possible to buy a Windows 8 pro license and use it to activate Windows 10?

So I'm looking to get Windows 10 for my PC build but I'm able to get a Windows 8 pro license for much cheaper. I saw online that you could use a Windows 8 license to activate Windows 10 but the post was from over 2 years ago. Is that still relevant?

submitted by /u/KCF443
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KCF443, Aug 8, 2020
  2. tigger Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Aug 8, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Is it still possible to buy a Windows 8 pro license and use it to activate Windows 10?

Dos101, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it still possible to buy a Windows 8 pro license and use it to activate Windows 10? - Similar Threads - still possible buy

2. Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the old Window 8 license still useful today?: I buy a Window 8 license online when it is firstly released and MS greatly promote it. Originally plan to use it to upgrade an old laptop. The laptop was broken so the license is not used yet, Is it possible to reuse this license to install in some product such as Virtual...
  3. Possible To Still Buy Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible To Still Buy Windows 10 Pro?: Hi all, I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro on multiple PC's at my home and I'm really happy with it.I want to build a new PC Tower and I want to install Windows 10 Pro on it, however, I don't know where to buy Windows 10 Pro? I only see Windows 11 available.Also, I received...
  4. Possible To Still Buy Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible To Still Buy Windows 10 Pro?: Hi all, I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro on multiple PC's at my home and I'm really happy with it.I want to build a new PC Tower and I want to install Windows 10 Pro on it, however, I don't know where to buy Windows 10 Pro? I only see Windows 11 available.Also, I received...
  5. can i still buy windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i still buy windows 10 license?: Hi, can i stil boy windows 10 license? because i have repair mi LAPTOP and i lost the serial number of my windows 10, and y not recover it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-buy-windows-10-license/6aed6429-dbd2-435e-a00b-254cf3133e6c
  6. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  7. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  8. Windows 10 Pro not activated after buying digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro not activated after buying digital license: Hello, I bought Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, and after it installed and rebooted, it said that I have Windows 10 Enterprise that is not activated. I tried the activation troubleshooter but I get the "Not connected to the internet" error. If I try to see the...
  9. How to buy a Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to buy a Windows 10 Pro License: What is the best (cheapest) way to buy a new license for Windows 10 Pro for a new build? The Microsoft store sells downloads for $200. But Amazon has a DVD for $140. Newegg sells an OEM version for $140. So why shouldn't I buy the DVD and use the key to activate a new...
  10. Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Education license and I would know if I can use it for a Windows 10 Pro installation. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-windows-10-education-license-on-windows-10-pro/f2ab2b27-b42f-4ee5-bc03-d229c45bc515"