Windows 10: Is it still possible to update from Windows 7 without a key?

Discus and support Is it still possible to update from Windows 7 without a key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an old potato PC in my house and was considering somewhere down the line building a new one. Will I have to buy a new copy or is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/S_Demon, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Is it still possible to update from Windows 7 without a key?

I have an old potato PC in my house and was considering somewhere down the line building a new one.

Will I have to buy a new copy or is there a way to use that one? I'm sure the product key was lost years ago.

Also if it's possible should I update to 10 on that old PC only? It's rocking a Pentium, 1GB RAM and a 128 GB HDD.

submitted by /u/S_Demon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/S_Demon, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Hockster Win User

Windows 7 update help needed

Language packs should be listed in the optional updates section of Windows Update.

As for installing Win 7, it should merely ask for the qualifying media to be inserted to the dvd drive. That's what XP upgrade install discs did when there wasn't a previous OS installed.

Hockster, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 25, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Is it still possible to update from Windows 7 without a key?

Windows 7 slipstreaming with updates question

i got all the updates for Windows 7 in "Windows Updates Downloader" using the newest list from mydigitallife.info's forum which is dated 13-16-2013, but can i use all does updates in the Danish version of Windows 7 Professional SP1-U 64bit?

bcs i wanna slipstream it with a few drives into it aswell here i am talking about Intel Ethernet and NEC/ReneSAS USB3.0 Drivers.

puma99dk|, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Is it still possible to update from Windows 7 without a key?

1. Is it still possible to update from Windows 7 without a key? - Similar Threads - still possible update

2. possible to still activate a legit copy of windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possible to still activate a legit copy of windows 7: Hi there,I am interested in installing a clean install of a legitimate copy of window 7 which will be sandboxed for all the security nightmares. I have some very old discontinued apps I rarely need to accessIs it possible to still activate the software?...
  3. possible to still activate a legit copy of windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possible to still activate a legit copy of windows 7: Hi there,I am interested in installing a clean install of a legitimate copy of window 7 which will be sandboxed for all the security nightmares. I have some very old discontinued apps I rarely need to accessIs it possible to still activate the software?...
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  5. Is it still possible to get a windows 7 or xp iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to get a windows 7 or xp iso: Hi I was wondering if it is still possible to get a copy of a windows 7 and windows xp iso. I want to set up a win 7 and win xp VM but I dont know where to get a copy of an iso for them. Does anyone have a copy or know where I can get a copy from? The VMs will be running on a...
  6. Is it still possible to get a windows 7 or xp iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to get a windows 7 or xp iso: Hi I was wondering if it is still possible to get a copy of a windows 7 and windows xp iso. I want to set up a win 7 and win xp VM but I dont know where to get a copy of an iso for them. Does anyone have a copy or know where I can get a copy from? The VMs will be running on a...
  7. Is it still possible to install windows 10 on a new pc without licence key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it still possible to install windows 10 on a new pc without licence key?: Hi, I am putting together a new pc and from my research it seems that you can download windows 10, put it on a usb drive and install without activating the licence key. If so what are the restrictions, and is it possible/necessary to later buy the key and activate it?...
  8. Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 installation with win 7 key still possible?: I bought an win 7 pro key several year ago. I used it and upgraded it later on my old PC to win 10 and used it without any problem. Now I bought a new pc. I tried using me win 7 key to install win 10 but it won't work. When I upgraded it on the old one it didn't even asked...
  9. Can I still upgrade from 7/8.1 to 10 without product key?

Can I still upgrade from 7/8.1 to 10 without product key?: I have 2 machines: PC1: 8.1 Enterprise (registered) PC2: 7 Professional (unregistered due to being able to use my product key as it's registered to an old PC I no longer have) I no longer have the product keys but want to upgrade both machines to 10 Pro. Can I do this?...
  10. Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?: I want to set up my laptop to dual boot have Windows 7 already on it and I have the key. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO went through the install, but it won't accept my Windows 7 product key. I know the free upgrade offer is long past, but have seen websites that say it is still...