Windows 10: Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I?

Discus and support Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there redditers, I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade to 10 from 8.1 for free or not, and whether or not I should. My laptop is seriously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jesting_Insomniac, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I?

Hey there redditers,

I'm wondering if it's possible to upgrade to 10 from 8.1 for free or not, and whether or not I should.

My laptop is seriously slowing down, granted it's old and all, but the question is, will it run win 10 any better?

Specs: Core i3 1.9GHz (4 cores) 4GB ram Intel HD graphics Family (2GB) Windows SN came with the device.

The only reason I kept 8.1 is because it felt more tablet friendly.

Now that I don't use that functionality anymore, I'm wondering if I can upgrade.

submitted by /u/Jesting_Insomniac
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jesting_Insomniac, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 19, 2019
  3. I just updated my Nokia Lumia 900-Want Windows 8 For It

I wanted to upgrade to the new Windows 8.

• Is that possible?
    • If so, how do i it?
    • Step by Step Directions are much appreciated!
    Thanks!

techychallenged900, Dec 19, 2019
  4. peche Win User

Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I?

Possible Upgrade for gaming

step 1: sell your i5, get the most possible of it!

Step 2: get 1151 i7, 6700K or 7700K diference will less than 5% performance loss or gain, so avoid drama, get the cheapest one online,

Step 3: consider better cooling for a i7, since the have 4T moar heat is something to mind, hihgly recomended, 120mAIO water cooler,

Step 4: listen advises, sometimes you just have to say thanks,

*Cool Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I? :cool:

Regards,

peche, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I?

1. Is it still possible to upgrade from 8.1 for free? Should I? - Similar Threads - still possible upgrade

2. I need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 is this possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 is this possible?: I need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-upgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-10-is/e5a84042-6ba8-4709-a684-b63b1e61a4ca
  3. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  4. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?: what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?According to what i have found, MY PC should be able to accommodate the upgrade as it has a 1.8 GHz Processor, 6GB of Ram, 64 Bit processor and 700 GB HD....
  5. what is the fee to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10? Is this upgrade still free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  7. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  8. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

9. Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?: Hi all - I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 for free. Seems that the 1809 MCT doesn't work anymore for this purpose, so I wanted to find the real truth among...
  10. Still possible to get the free upgrade, after downgrading to Windows7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Still possible to get the free upgrade, after downgrading to Windows7?: Couldn't find a good answer to this one. If someone upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 (before July 29 this year) and then reverted back to Windows 7 (also before July 29 this year). Will they still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 again for free, now that the...