Windows 10: Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

Discus and support Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AsishBishoi, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation.

:)

AsishBishoi, Sep 27, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

1. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ? - Similar Threads - still possible upgrade

2. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  3. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  4. Windows 7 update to windows 10 for free is it possible ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 update to windows 10 for free is it possible ?: I had windows 7 , I can't afford the Windows 10 upgrade, does Microsoft offer free upgrade from 7 to 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-update-to-windows-10-for-free-is-it/ea168827-baa9-4edb-8fde-358966fe01e8
  5. Windows 7 update to windows 10 for free is it possible ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 update to windows 10 for free is it possible ?: I had windows 7 , I can't afford the Windows 10 upgrade, does Microsoft offer free upgrade from 7 to 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-update-to-windows-10-for-free-is-it/ea168827-baa9-4edb-8fde-358966fe01e8
  6. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...

Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...: I may just do a full fresh Win 10 install instead of upgrading from 7 since the online upgrade has repeatedly failed. I have noticed though that many people have posted that Product ID 00359-OEM-8992687-00249 the ID on his computer is an unauthorized version of Windows...
  7. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  8. Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?: I want to set up my laptop to dual boot have Windows 7 already on it and I have the key. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO went through the install, but it won't accept my Windows 7 product key. I know the free upgrade offer is long past, but have seen websites that say it is still...
  9. Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?: Hi all - I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 for free. Seems that the 1809 MCT doesn't work anymore for this purpose, so I wanted to find the real truth among...
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024