Windows 10: Is it the motherboard?

Discus and support Is it the motherboard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I wanted to tinker around with my PC and do some things (I already put in questions because the problem has been there since), but in any case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaLtE0803, Jun 6, 2020.

1. MaLtE0803 Win User

Is it the motherboard?

Recently I wanted to tinker around with my PC and do some things (I already put in questions because the problem has been there since), but in any case it says "Over current have been detected on your USB device. System will shotdown after 15 seconds" Now I want to buy a new motherboard, because I think it makes more sense, because it only costs 50€ and I don't know how much it would cost to get it repaired at an electronics store. But now I don't want to waste 50€ either. Does anybody know if it is safe to use the mainboard or could it be something else?

My configuration is:

Case: LC Power 703b

Mainboard: MSI A320M A Pro Max

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 1600

Graka: Amd Rx 570

Ram: Ballistix Sport 8 gb single ddr4 2666mhz

Power supply: Aerocool Rgb 500watt

Hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1tb

PS: the survey is only what you think most likely!

Is it the motherboard? 0_big.jpg

:)

MaLtE0803, Jun 6, 2020

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Polo6RGTI Win User
    Asus Z370 Maximus X Motherboards

The 9th gen processors that are currently available is still the P0 stepping and will eventually be replaced with the new R0 stepping processors.

Here are the screenshots I took from Gigabyte's website

Is it the motherboard? [​IMG]

Gigabyte redacted the new R0 processors from the list a day later.

Is it the motherboard? [​IMG]

Polo6RGTI, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Is it the motherboard?

Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Is it the motherboard?

1. Is it the motherboard? - Similar Threads - motherboard

2. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  3. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  4. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  5. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement: as the title reads, the PC has been giving me grief for the last past month, continually black screen rebooting, when under load and even sometimes just scrolling the web. first thinking it was the power supply. I replaced the power supply about three weeks ago and still...
  6. PC continually black screen rebooting even after PSU and Motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?: Hello,I had installed a Windows standalone license on my laptop which originally had Linux OS. Now I want to switch the license to another laptop. I reset the OS and now want to remove Windows completely and install Linux. Will the license still be linked to the motherboard?...
  8. Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?: Hello,I had installed a Windows standalone license on my laptop which originally had Linux OS. Now I want to switch the license to another laptop. I reset the OS and now want to remove Windows completely and install Linux. Will the license still be linked to the motherboard?...
  9. Does a standalone license link with the motherboard?

10. Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008 on new motherboard: I built my own PC, so Windows was not pre-installed or anything like that, but it gives me the above error code in the Activation Troubleshooter. The specific text it uses is "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device....