Windows 10: Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?

Discus and support Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10 has been different today, unlike before. I used to have around 6GB+ total RAM on my computer. After Windows Update, the available ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xKarma, Sep 23, 2020.

1. xKarma Win User

Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?

Hi, My Windows 10 has been different today, unlike before. I used to have around 6GB+ total RAM on my computer. After Windows Update, the available ram was cut half at a low 3.42GB total. CPU-Z detected my memory correctly, but Windows and Control Panel didn't. I have 8GB of DDR3 1333 RAM, so I'm wondering, why and how did it get that low? I know my iGPU takes a bit of that RAM, making it 6GB+ available. But now it's 3.42GB. Answers would be appreciated, thanks....

Windows 10 Pro Edition
    Windows 10 Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.1082

:)

xKarma, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 23, 2020
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM? :D

DrunkenMafia, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?

1. Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM? - Similar Threads - normal much RAM

2. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  3. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  4. Why are my windows files taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my windows files taking up so much space?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blue7906 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mi2dj3/why_are_my_windows_files_taking_up_so_much_space/
  5. What's eating up so MUCH of my RAM?

What's eating up so MUCH of my RAM?: I literally checked everywhere, closed microsoft edge, closed discord, I only have Microsoft edge with like 3 tabs open and no matter what i close It still says it's using up like atleast 50% of my entire ram, which is weird, because i have 2666mhz of 16gb ram. Can someone...
  6. Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it this normal for Windows to take up so much of my RAM?: Hi, My Windows 10 has been different today, unlike before. I used to have around 6GB+ total RAM on my computer. After Windows Update, the available ram was cut half at a low 3.42GB total. CPU-Z detected my memory correctly, but Windows and Control Panel didn't. I have 8GB of...
  7. Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.: Well Since a few days, my RAM has always been at 60% or more, even when I just start my computer, at the starting, only RAM always displays 60% or sometimes even more with no apps even being opened. I have a few apps installed only, which are the Basic apps Windows 10...
  8. How much ram normally windows explorer take?

How much ram normally windows explorer take?: after 1 or 3 hours of using my pc is ok the quantity of ram that windows explorer is using? this is right now after 1 hour https://i.imgur.com/fKKZZkU.png yesterday after a 4 or 5 hours windows explorer was using 110 mb, is still ok? this numbers are standard for...
  9. What is taking up so much space on my computer?

What is taking up so much space on my computer?: I got this laptop around Christmas time, and it's wonderful and all, but the Disk Space has been almost completely used up already. It (supposedly) has 50+ GB Space, but it's down to 16. I haven't really downloaded too much onto it aside from Minecraft and a couple of things...
  10. Why is windows taking up so much ram?

Why is windows taking up so much ram?: [ATTACH] windows taking up way to much ram, like half of it https://preview.redd.it/a8z9aiop4fg41.png?width=432&format=png&auto=webp&s=549b1487bd359008a6ce44ac9310535c7c8ff334 submitted by /u/Monv44 [link] [comments]...