Windows 10: Is it time to reconsider the Surface Mini 8 inch tablet for travel?

Discus and support Is it time to reconsider the Surface Mini 8 inch tablet for travel? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. Are there any plans for an 8 inch Surface tablet, basically a Surface Go shrunk another 2 inches? I love my surface tablet. My Surface Pro 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RHass, Feb 3, 2019.

1. RHass Win User

Is it time to reconsider the Surface Mini 8 inch tablet for travel?

Hi. Are there any plans for an 8 inch Surface tablet, basically a Surface Go shrunk another 2 inches?

I love my surface tablet. My Surface Pro 3 recently died (after about four years of service) and within a week I ordered my Surface Pro 6.

However, I don't relish the idea of traveling with a $1500 tablet being subjected to bumps and possible theft. I considered the Surface Go, but it is still a little too big to be an ideal travel device to check email, surf the web and do a minimum of work.

Just two or three years ago you could find 8 inch tablets by other suppliers, but now there seems to be just the NuVision 8 inch tablet. It is too stripped down, with 2 gb of ram and 32 gb of storage.

It would be great to have an 8 inch Surface with the same specs as the Surface Go, but minimum specs of 4 gb ram and 64 gb storage. Also a detachable folding keyboard or at least a Bluetooth keyboard, and the micro sd slot.

Well, this is just a shot in the dark. I hope someone sees it.

Thank you for your time.

:)

RHass, Feb 3, 2019
  2. rick4260 Win User

Windows 8''inch tablet

Original title :Small tablets

I am wondering if anyone is still making a good windows based 8" inch tablet?

rick4260, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Krishna Priya V, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Is it time to reconsider the Surface Mini 8 inch tablet for travel?

Best windows 8 tablet?

I've apple ipod touch 4g, google nexus 4, hp envy 17 3d, so using all 3 OS - iOS, android, windows 7.

I dont have any tablet yet..thinking to buy windows 8 tablet..

i like hp envy x2 much..tablet cum notebook..

but microsoft surface and many other good tablets in market and i dont have idea..

suggest me best windows 8/?RT tablets..

thx..

freebird_9924, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Is it time to reconsider the Surface Mini 8 inch tablet for travel?

1. Is it time to reconsider the Surface Mini 8 inch tablet for travel? - Similar Threads - reconsider Surface Mini

2. Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working: I've found a fix that wasn't mentioned on any of the other support tickets about Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working.I tried restarting with volume button and power button - no luckI tried uninstalling keyword in device manager - no luckI did a...
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working: I've found a fix that wasn't mentioned on any of the other support tickets about Microsoft Surface Pro 8 Stuck in Tablet Mode / Keyboard not working.I tried restarting with volume button and power button - no luckI tried uninstalling keyword in device manager - no luckI did a...
  4. Surface Tablet Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Tablet Not Working: My surface Tablet updated and doesn’t want to work now. I’m able to turn it on and see the windows logo and it’ll load for a few minutes then just goes to a grey screen, you can tell it’s turned on but doesn’t show anything. This has happened before but after a few hours or a...
  5. Accidental factory reset on linx vision 8 inch tablet.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidental factory reset on linx vision 8 inch tablet.: I was just about to sell my tablet and wanted to get rid of all of my info from the tablet. I must have accidentally uninstalled the operating system and now I can't get the tablet to work. everytime I turn the tablet on I get an error message saying that there was an...
  6. Good Windows 10 tablet for students and for travel?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Good Windows 10 tablet for students and for travel?: Hello, Meanwhile my school (Corona has not only bad sides :-)) also dares the step into digitality and advises us pupils to buy a tablet for next school year. Now I would also like to replace my current laptop, which is 5 years old and the performance is not enough for my...
  7. Asus tablet mini factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus tablet mini factory reset: Hi I have a Asus tablet transformer mini I bought online and I am trying to do a factory reset on it because it isnt charging. When I attempt to do it, it request a password that I do not have. Any way to reset the password or reset the system without it being on? It is...
  8. Computer time travelled

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer time travelled: We have recently changed from winter to summer clock time. Prior to the change time was correct, but now at 09:15 computer says 10:15. Settings are for London etc; Set automatic-ON;Set tome zone autonomic- OFF. Can any one think, please, what may be the cause of this new...
  9. asus 10 inch tablet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    asus 10 inch tablet: my 10 inch asus tablet requires a bitcom password what is this and how do i get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-10-inch-tablet/7b2ee27e-4bd9-4f4d-b2a4-d7739a4ee8f3
  10. Surface Tablet- Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Tablet- Win10: I have a Surface Tablet Running Win10. Problem Is, I must Find the MODEL NUMBER! Everybody I ask says everthing you need is under the "KICKSTAND"! It IS NOT! The only thing there is the windows Logo & under it is 128GB the serial number 022838544753! How do I find...