Windows 10: Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and...

Discus and support Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Firstly I will revise my subject line to ......."Is it too much to expect, bearing in mind that consumers were forced into using an operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ianmantra, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Ianmantra Win User

Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and...

Firstly I will revise my subject line to ......."Is it too much to expect, bearing in mind that consumers were forced into using an operating system without the option of choice, that the said system will function flawlessly?"

Ok my reason for this post is a last ditch attempt to find an answer to my mute laptop. I was running version 1803 and until the last half of this year all was good. Then from around June/July I started to get problem after problem, solving most issues through trolling the internet and this community. Finally when I got to the point, after automatic updates stopped me accessing my programs via the start menu, taskbar search box died and a few other issues that I decided to update to version 1903!

The update completed after several hours and greeted me with a black screen, but after a few restarts this returned to my normal log in screen, which was a great relief. Signed in and whoopie start button worked, could access all my programs again, search box worked, yae, tried Cortana....nope couldn't hear me. No big deal as never really used that service anyway. Opened FB clicked on a video post no sound, tried playing an mp3 no sound. Since then I have spent hour upon hour scouring the internet for answers to this (and I am not the only one) to no avail. Have tried loads of suggestions without success and along the way discovered that some Microsoft apps are not functiong either, like pc health for one.

Settings say no input/output devices installed yet they appear in device manager, Tried updating drivers, says latest are installed, tried disabling and enabling devices, no change. Tried uninstalling and restarting, still no sound. Tried "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" followed by "sfc /scannow", still no sound. Fed up spending hours on something that is a very basic function, a function that worked before all these updates started to screw everything up. In all the years I used XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro I never had any issues such as these and any issues I did encounter were generally fixed by the troubleshooters unlike those offered in this system today who report a fault but do nothing to repair it. I know I have a problem, I don't need a troubleshooter to confirm it, I need a fix thank you very much or is that asking too much from the company who forced this operating system on us!!

So to end this "rant" is there anyone out there that can actually provide a fix that works. I do not want, nor do I see why I should, do a fresh install, losing all my programs and data...everything WAS fine before and thats where I want to be again...life before updates that screwed up my laptop.

Suggestions that are simplistic would be appreciated as it is not my place to have to go in to the system to alter registry settings and the likes.

Thank you for reading this....I await responses, that actually work, without holding my breath as I do not want to meet with a premature death.

PS....Just a suggestion regarding searching for answers on this site...it would be good if the answers could be shown in chronological order as many times I have clicked on a question only to find out that it was posted years ago!!

:)

Ianmantra, Oct 6, 2019

2. Listen to Android phone's music from desktop headphone

How to listen to [Android phone's music] from [a headphone that is connected to a Windows 10 desktop] without internet connection?
    I have an Android phone (Pixel 3a) with YouTube Music installed on it.

When I don't have internet connection, I want to be able to wear my headphone, which is connected to my desktop (Windows 10) and listen to both my desktop's audio (for example, game sound) and the music playing on my phone (for example, music that is available only on the phone's YouTube Music offline downloaded folder).

How can I achieve this?

Note:

Anonymous123, Oct 6, 2019
  3. i can't able to listen music and videos in my nokia lumia 620

i can't able to listen music and videos in my nokia lumia 620
    when i sync songs in my lumia, i shows sync is completed but after like to listen music and opened music+videos, it not showing any song in my SD card but when i sync the songs in phone memory,it shows all song which stored in phone memory.
    please tell solution for this.
    by this i can't able to listen songs for few months

swamyking5, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and...

Not Able to listen FM in N73 music edition.

---------------------------------------------------------

"even though iam not able to listen FM..."

So just no sound? Scanning does not find any stations?

--------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely... I didnt hear any sound. And the scanning

also didnt finding any problem....

arasan1983, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and...

1. Is it too much to expect to be able to listen to music, hear sound on videos and... - Similar Threads - too much expect

2. Too much music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  3. Too much music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  4. Too much music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can't hear sound and can't play music/videos: So when i woke up today and i turned on my PC i couldn't hear anything. My Spotify wouldn't play anything and my YouTube video was constantly buffering and just didn't want to load. It definitely wasn't an internet problem as i could watch everything on my phone perfectly...
  6. Too much reverb on videos

Too much reverb on videos: The past couple weeks I've noticed that on both of my laptops, videos on YouTube have a ton of reverb on them. All videos, not just certain ones. Videos that were fine before are now full of reverb. Then I created my own music video, and the same thing happened while it was...
  7. Too much reverb on videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much reverb on videos: The past couple weeks I've noticed that on both of my laptops, videos on YouTube have a ton of reverb on them. All videos, not just certain ones. Videos that were fine before are now full of reverb. Then I created my own music video, and the same thing happened while it was...
  8. sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sometimes when watching a video or listening to music sounds will break: This has been going for 2 days. I've lately tried to install Docker on my pc which requires a restart to configure windows. and my pc shut down while it's doing that. ever since if I try to watch a video online/ locally or launch a game sounds will break, and the video...
  9. SEEING VIDEO AND HEARING SOUND

in Windows 10 Customization
    SEEING VIDEO AND HEARING SOUND: I suddenly can't see video on utube or hear sound on BBC iplayer or BBC Sounds. these worked fine before Xmas. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seeing-video-and-hearing-sound/8aa76b48-51c0-4a7f-a9a6-312f92c1a9e9
  10. whatching video and listening music

whatching video and listening music: Hello I installed 360 total security app on my laptop This program has informed me that there are a few junk files on your laptop and they should be remove to speed up your top laptop. It removed the files and now video and music is not being played on my laptop. Now 67...