Windows 10: Is it true that if you run CHKDSK on the recovery drive you will always get errors? How do...

Discus and support Is it true that if you run CHKDSK on the recovery drive you will always get errors? How do... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Roden72 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtcoy3/is_it_true_that_if_you_run_chkdsk_on_the_recovery/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Roden72, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Is it true that if you run CHKDSK on the recovery drive you will always get errors? How do...

/u/Roden72, Nov 8, 2019

2. This Parameter is incorrect 0x80070057 win 10 recovery cd-rom

Hi,

The error "This Parameter is incorrect" usually happens because of a system or disk errors. To isolate this issue, we suggest running CHKDSK using the command prompt. Running CHKDSK
    can check the integrity of a hard disk and can repair various file system errors. To run CHKDSK follow these steps:

• Plug in external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r. You should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or external device.
    • Restart your PC once the process is done.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Is it true that if you run CHKDSK on the recovery drive you will always get errors? How do...

chkdsk/f not running ,says it is write protected?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Please answer the below question so that we can understand the situation better.

1. Are you trying to run a check disk on read only file or read and write file?

2. Are you trying to perform check disk from recovery environment

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click the Start button, then click on
      Settings
    • Then click on Update and Security, locate and select
      Recovery and click on Advance Startup.
    • You will now enter the Windows Recovery Environment, once there click on
      Troubleshoot and then Advance Options.
    • In advance options I would suggest you to go to command prompt and run the check disk and check if it helps.
    Warning: Microsoft does not recommend interrupting the CHKDSK process. Microsoft does not guarantee the integrity of the disk if the CHKDSK program is interrupted .For
    safety you can back up your data before using the check disk command.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be
    lost.

I would also suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

Chkdsk

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Is it true that if you run CHKDSK on the recovery drive you will always get errors? How do...

1. Is it true that if you run CHKDSK on the recovery drive you will always get errors? How do... - Similar Threads - true run CHKDSK

2. how do you fix this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you fix this error: when I try to start up call of duty advanced warfare it has an error that says the SteamApps could not be located in the dynamic link library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-this-error/3abd59f8-80b6-455e-ba52-0882329a5fc4
  3. how do you fix this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you fix this error: when I try to start up call of duty advanced warfare it has an error that says the SteamApps could not be located in the dynamic link library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-this-error/3abd59f8-80b6-455e-ba52-0882329a5fc4
  4. How do you monitor your Ethernet always?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you monitor your Ethernet always?: Hello, I’m looking to see if there is a way to monitor my Ethernet always because I’m not for sure what’s the problem with it. Right now I think it’s the cable or the Ethernet port so I need to monitor it because my issue isn’t constant it sometimes happens and sometimes is...
  5. How do you monitor your Ethernet always?

How do you monitor your Ethernet always?: Hello, I’m looking to see if there is a way to monitor my Ethernet always because I’m not for sure what’s the problem with it. Right now I think it’s the cable or the Ethernet port so I need to monitor it because my issue isn’t constant it sometimes happens and sometimes is...
  6. How do you get rid of error 0xc190011f?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get rid of error 0xc190011f?: I am currently running Windows 11 DEV channel, windows insider program version 22H2 OS build 25217.1010 and when I try to update to Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.25227.1010 rs_prerelease, it just says Install error - 0xc190011f" and nothing else! Please help!...
  7. How do you get rid of error 0xc190011f?

How do you get rid of error 0xc190011f?: I am currently running Windows 11 DEV channel, windows insider program version 22H2 OS build 25217.1010 and when I try to update to Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.25227.1010 rs_prerelease, it just says Install error - 0xc190011f" and nothing else! Please help!...
  8. orxds.exe error how do you fix it and get rid of it

orxds.exe error how do you fix it and get rid of it: so how do you get rid of this and this is a real screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orxdsexe-error-how-do-you-fix-it-and-get-rid-of-it/744a12be-2cfe-4430-8b6b-bbfa65b912f8
  9. How do you get rid of Msfconnecttest redirect error?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you get rid of Msfconnecttest redirect error?: I went into Starbucks and tried to connect to their wifi but it kept coming up with Msfconnecttest error page. I would like to go to coffee shops or other places and use my laptop but I am unable too which is frustrating. I have already tried the following: Resetting the...
  10. How do you unformat a drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you unformat a drive?: Hi! I used a hard drive for my ps4 for games but I don't play it anymore o I wanted to put movies in it too watch downstairs but for some reason it doesn't show in the devices & drives part? when I plug it in? instead it shows my email submitted by /u/Jkanjm [link]...