Windows 10: Is it true that syncing between Edge Insider Beta (Chromium) and Android Edge STILL...

Discus and support Is it true that syncing between Edge Insider Beta (Chromium) and Android Edge STILL... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday I installed Edge Chromium Beta on my Windows 10 laptop through Windows Insiders, after having read that at least favorites should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sjaak99, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Sjaak99 Win User

Is it true that syncing between Edge Insider Beta (Chromium) and Android Edge STILL...

Hello,

Yesterday I installed Edge Chromium Beta on my Windows 10 laptop through Windows Insiders, after having read that at least favorites should sync, whereas some other sync options are still in the works. So I also installed Edge Android app on my phone, set up the correct sync settings (sync with the Beta Chromium Edge, not the "old" Edge), and waited, waited. Rebooted both PC and Android phone, but nothing syncs. Is it possible that for some older accounts (mine is still a Hotmail account) Favorites still don't sync? When is sync expected to be working? Without history and favorites sync Edge is of limited use to me.

:)

Sjaak99, Nov 4, 2019

2. Edge Chromium, the Reading List

Hi John,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

You can get a better answer at

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsof...

As Microsoft Edge beta based on Chromium is supported there.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 4, 2019
  3. Edge Chromium

Hi Garrett

I am an independent advisor here to help

the new chromium-based edge browser is still in development. If you would like to try it you can by signing up as an edge insider at the following link

Microsoft Edge Insider

TechGuy_82, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Is it true that syncing between Edge Insider Beta (Chromium) and Android Edge STILL...

Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Is it true that syncing between Edge Insider Beta (Chromium) and Android Edge STILL...

1. Is it true that syncing between Edge Insider Beta (Chromium) and Android Edge STILL... - Similar Threads - true syncing between

2. Edge Chromium not syncing my Collections

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not syncing my Collections: I've been using Edge Chromium for quite some time and everything was running perfectly, until days ago. Maybe was after a recent Windows 10 upgrade. It just stopped syncing my Collections. I would add a Collection and I would see the Collection added to the tablet and iPhone...
  3. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  4. Edge Chromium syncing question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium syncing question: In the new Edge Chromium the Personal profile for your Microsoft Account has listed under Profiles/Sync a Turn On Sync option. In order for it to work..Does it also require Sync Settings to be turned on in Settings/Accounts/Sync Your Settings? If I have all Sync Settings...
  5. Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import favorites from Edge Chromium Beta instead of Edge: I have been using Edge Chromium Beta for some time now and all relevant favorites are now on that browser. I cannot find a way to export the favorites from the beta version so I can delete the old Edge favorites and import them into the new Edge that comes with build 2004....
  6. Edge Chromium - Beta Next to Stable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium - Beta Next to Stable?: I wasn't sure if this was the correct sub-reddit for this so apologies!! Is anyone else seeing the Beta icon remaining on the desktop even though they've installed the stable version of Edge Chromium? If so, did you figure out how to get rid of it? Is it considered a...
  7. Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta

Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta: [ATTACH] with the latest update version 83.0.478.25 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) it now lets you Sync Extensions from Google Chrome note i taken the picture from my other computer that has Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta on it then the one that im using to post this...
  8. Is Edge Chromium suppose to sync with the "original" Edge?

Is Edge Chromium suppose to sync with the "original" Edge?: I know both have sign on's to sync... and I imagine both want to sync toy our mobile device; but do they sync with each other? I haven't tried the mobile browser yet until I sort out the desktop, but i wasn't able to sync my regular "edge" favourites over to the chromium...
  9. Syncing Edge Chromium with Google account

Syncing Edge Chromium with Google account: Hello, How can I sync Edge Chromium with my Google account and automatically sync bookmarks and extensions? My goal is use browsers interchangeable with Google account synced and have bookmarks and extensions in sync in both browsers. Is this possible? I enabled external...
  10. Edge Chromium Beta

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Beta: I am using Edge Chromium Beta ( and i think its very good ) is it possible to remove the "normal' Edge or do i have to wait for Microsoft to release the new version...and when they do will it automatically remove the old version. 143939