Windows 10: Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge...

Discus and support Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This article says so. Doest that mean I am not protected if I use Chrome for browsing? Confused right now. submitted by /u/JaxTellerr [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JaxTellerr, May 17, 2020.

1. Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge...

This article says so. Doest that mean I am not protected if I use Chrome for browsing? Confused right now.

submitted by /u/JaxTellerr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JaxTellerr, May 17, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

Any web protection for browser for windows defender?

I would like to know on whether windows defender offers any web protection for browser or not

Browser : Edge, FireFox, Chrome

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, May 17, 2020
  3. Any web protection for browser for windows defender?

Using Windows 10 Home, you won't be able to use the Sandbox feature of WDAG.

But you can still use the embedded Windows Defender Browser Protectionin Edge.

In Chrome, you will need to install an extension:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/windo...

Unfortunately, there is no extension for Firefox yet.

Windows Defender Browser Protection will check it against a constantly updated list of malicious URLs known to Microsoft.

If the malicious link matches one on the list, Windows Defender Browser Protection will show a red warning screen letting you know that the web page you are about to visit is known to be harmful, giving you a clear path back to safety with one click.

Jimmy_Timon, May 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge...

New Windows Defender Browser Protection extension for Google Chrome

Source:

Brink, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge...

1. Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge... - Similar Threads - true Defender doesn't

2. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  3. Web Browsers other than Edge not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Browsers other than Edge not working: Hello,I just got my school laptop back yesterday after my school's IT department had it reset. I am having an issue where I tried to install Google and it worked for a bit but then would close randomly. I have tried other browsers including Brave, Firefox and Opera GX. The...
  4. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge: Ran into this problem yesterday. Have been using Google Chrome for a while, and up until yesterday has it been working fine. Tried opening it yesterday, and it refuses to open without warning. Microsoft Edge does open, and I was able to use it to try to reinstall chrome to...
  5. Every web browser crashes on startup other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every web browser crashes on startup other than Microsoft Edge: All Web browsers other than Microsoft edge crash on startup unless I open them rapidly until it starts working again only to crash randomly. This issue some how affects every other computer that is using my Microsoft account too, What do I do to fix this? I found a page with...
  6. Every web browser crashes on startup other than Microsoft Edge

Every web browser crashes on startup other than Microsoft Edge: All Web browsers other than Microsoft edge crash on startup unless I open them rapidly until it starts working again only to crash randomly. This issue some how affects every other computer that is using my Microsoft account too, What do I do to fix this? I found a page with...
  7. Every web browser crashes on startup other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Any web protection for browser for windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Any web protection for browser for windows defender?: I would like to know on whether windows defender offers any web protection for browser or not Browser : Edge, FireFox, Chrome Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.: After the Oct. 2, 2018 Windows 10 feature update, Edge does not connect to the Web. It does connect to the router, so this looks like a connection problem. Firefox and Chrome both work fine. Indeed, I'm writing this in Firefox. Edge works fine on another Win10 machine on...
  10. Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge doesn't connect to the Web; other browsers work fine.: After the Oct. 2, 2018 Windows 10 feature update, Edge does not connect to the Web. It does connect to the router, so this looks like a connection problem. Firefox and Chrome both work fine. Indeed, I'm writing this in Firefox. Edge works fine on another Win10 machine on...