Windows 10: Is it worth installing Aero themes via third party applications?

Discus and support Is it worth installing Aero themes via third party applications? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm almost done with moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and currently, I'm in the process of customising my Windows appearance. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kanade, Mar 1, 2020.

1. kanade Win User

Is it worth installing Aero themes via third party applications?

Hello everyone,

I'm almost done with moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and currently, I'm in the process of customising my Windows appearance. So far I've installed open shell and OldNewsExplorer which, seems to work fine on my system.

However, I was wondering if it's worth installing one of those third party applications that applies aero theme on Windows 10? For example, I'm talking about applications such as glass8 and WinAero Tweaker.

I'm seeing mixed receptions for these apps where, it works perfectly for some systems while for others, it breaks or even requiring resetting of the OS to reverse the damage done by these apps. In addition, some users report that it doesn't quite replicate the Windows 7's aero theme and instead, makes it look "ugly" on Windows 10.

Now, I'm not really scared of applying registry or group policy hacks to customise the look of my system though, after hearing quite a few negative feedback on these aero applications, I'm not quite sure if it's worth installing one at this point.

All in all, I can probably live with the current default Windows theme but, it'd be nice if I could go back to the transparent, glossy-looking aero theme that I'm used to with Windows 7.

Thank you and I appreciate your suggestions.

:)

kanade, Mar 1, 2020

2. I miss Aero theme from Windows 7 Is it worth installing Aero themes via third party applications? :(

No thank you I'm reluctant to use 3rd party software just to have aero theme. It would be very nice for Microsoft to bring back aero theme in windows 10.

techlife95, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Windows XP theme and Aero

So, I've grown extremely attached to the Windows 7 Aero theme, and XP looks pretty nice too. However, since XP's already dead, and 7 is very quickly nearing end of support (P.S., please don't kill 7, it'll be bad for all of us), soon I'm going to have to
    switch to the Metro theme. Metro isn't that bad at all, but it would be nice if you could include an Aero theme in a future update for Windows 10 -- and maybe even an XP theme, too. Heck, maybe you could even toss an Aero, XP, and Classic theme on the Xbox
    One. Would you please consider doing this? If you do decide to take down 7, including the Aero theme in 10 would save us all a bit of trouble -- especially the people who have become so attached to Aero that they end up having to download loads of third-party
    software to make 10 look even remotely like 7.

I know you care, Microsoft. Please consider this heavily.

Portalastical64, Mar 1, 2020
  4. er557 Win User

Achieved in-folder background customizable,aero glass,3rd party themes

without modifying a single system file, sfc and dism all intact- full in-folder background customizable, with full aero glass and 3rd party themes support.

Is it worth installing Aero themes via third party applications? [​IMG]

On windows 1709 rs3

er557, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Is it worth installing Aero themes via third party applications? - Similar Threads - worth installing Aero

2. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  3. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashes with third-party theming program: Hi,I have been bugged for a bit to notice when I open File Explorer with Stardock's WindowBlinds on, it seems to crash for some apparent reason. This has caused me to stick with the default theme with few changes.I'm using a laptop with Windows 10, an old i3 3120M, 4 gb ram...
  4. Explorer crashes with third-party theming program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  6. Installing third party software

Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  7. install third party apps

install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  8. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  9. 1607 Dark Theme Third Party?

1607 Dark Theme Third Party?: I mean Dark Theme for ALL the windows of course... 59034
  10. Aero Theme on WTP

Aero Theme on WTP: For those who may (or may not) follow Vishal Gupta's page, he's just released his custom Aero themes for Windows 8 and 8.1 which work fairly well on WTP. Get all the info here: Download AeroVG Ei8ht and Ei8ht.1ne Themes for Windows 8 / 8.1 - AskVG [img] 2994