Windows 10: Is It Worth It?

Discus and support Is It Worth It? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rishi Popat, May 11, 2019.

1. Is It Worth It?

so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then will all my files be safe when i switch to it? will there be a performance drop off? and last of all, is it worth it for all the new features???

:)

Rishi Popat, May 11, 2019

2. what video card would you go with

Nice *Wink Is It Worth It? ;). I look at it like this. You have 90 days to do the Step-up. If you buy it today..

• That's May 12thish that you have be the ability to do the step up...
    • But, in that 90 days, you may have the chance to get the 4870x2 down to a price worth getting.
    • Or, Just buy one of the new cards...
    3 possibilities in one little buy.

Cold Storm, May 11, 2019
  3. pbmaster Win User
    worth getting 4000+???

The stepping so we can see if ours is the same or not..then we can know whether or not it's worth trying for 2.7

pbmaster, May 11, 2019
  4. Is It Worth It?

EVGA GTS SSC 640MB help decide

The comments in these posts state that the EVGA site does not list it as 112, nor do any of the online sale sites, at least none of the larger known ones, as of this past week.

Further comments suggest that while the GTS 112 will be better than the GT, given the extra price, and that you will not be able to 'step-up' it may not be worth the cost.

Maybe you 'scanned' the posts too quickly.

What you could do though, to redeem yourself, is tell me if that Riva 2.06 with .09 drivers is letting your 2d/3d clocks differentiate, after setting performance 3d.

newconroer, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Is It Worth It?

1. Is It Worth It? - Similar Threads - Worth

2. Is my PC worth upgrading for Win 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my PC worth upgrading for Win 11.: Intel ore i5-7200U @ 2.5 GHz 2.71 GHz, 8gb ram, 64 bit operating system. Amateur here. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-pc-worth-upgrading-for-win-11/827cd9cf-a339-43a4-a3ae-efac494770e3
  3. Is my PC worth upgrading for Win 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my PC worth upgrading for Win 11.: Intel ore i5-7200U @ 2.5 GHz 2.71 GHz, 8gb ram, 64 bit operating system. Amateur here. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-pc-worth-upgrading-for-win-11/827cd9cf-a339-43a4-a3ae-efac494770e3
  4. Is my PC worth upgrading for Win 11.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My external hard drive is missing 500gb worth of space and possible a partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard drive is missing 500gb worth of space and possible a partition.: This initially started when I was encrypting my flash drive with VeraCrypt note both my external hard drive and flash drive were plugged in simultaneously and i ensured to select the flash drive. The process when well. At the end of the process i got a message about mounting...
  6. My external hard drive is missing 500gb worth of space and possible a partition.

My external hard drive is missing 500gb worth of space and possible a partition.: This initially started when I was encrypting my flash drive with VeraCrypt note both my external hard drive and flash drive were plugged in simultaneously and i ensured to select the flash drive. The process when well. At the end of the process i got a message about mounting...
  7. Is downloading a fresh ISO version of Windows 10 worth the effort?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is downloading a fresh ISO version of Windows 10 worth the effort?: Have a low storage; low RAM etc. laptop; about to do a re-set to clear up all sorts of stuff done with a view to maximizing speed and storage and have a white light free experience. It often runs extremely slowly e.g. five seconds for a character typed to appear shortly after...
  8. Is downloading a fresh ISO version of Windows 10 worth the effort?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is downloading a fresh ISO version of Windows 10 worth the effort?: Have a low storage; low RAM etc. laptop; about to do a re-set to clear up all sorts of stuff done with a view to maximizing speed and storage and have a white light free experience. It often runs extremely slowly e.g. five seconds for a character typed to appear shortly after...
  9. Is downloading a fresh ISO version of Windows 10 worth the effort?

10. How can a person move a whole phone worth of photos / videos say 100 GB from a phone to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can a person move a whole phone worth of photos / videos say 100 GB from a phone to a...: Is the only way to do this a few files at at time? Is there a way to copy ALL the files and paste them to a computer with one more click? Or do we need to spend hours micro managing click after click of a few files sent at a time? Please share wisdom of this world I want to...