Windows 10: Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop?

Discus and support Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a 2013 Toshiba Satellite S50 (specs below) that I only use for traveling (3-4 months/year.) Originally a Win 7 Pro, it was upgraded to 10 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chamlin, May 7, 2018.

1. chamlin Win User

Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop?

I have a 2013 Toshiba Satellite S50 (specs below) that I only use for traveling (3-4 months/year.) Originally a Win 7 Pro, it was upgraded to 10 Pro. It's painfully sluggish but before I shell out $$$ for a new laptop I'd like to ask if reinstalling or formatting and installing 10 Pro fresh then only putting core programs (Office, browsers, Photoshop, etc.) could make a big difference.

I'm guessing that no one can tell me for sure, and big difference is relative to each of us. Can you look at these specs and guide me as to whether this level of hardware should zip right along with a clean install? Thanks!

CONFIGURATION Custom built computer 1 $649.98 BASE0253 Satellite S50 customized 1 BAT0032 4 cell lithium-ion Battery 1 CAM0019 HD webcam and microphone 1 CPU0412 Intel Core i5-4200U dual core processor 1 GFX0004 Integrated Graphics 1 HDD0087 500GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive 1 LAN0002 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN 1 LCD0096 15.6" 1366X768 TruBrite LED backlit LCD 1 MEM0136 12GB (8GB+4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L memory 1 ODD0004 DVD Supermulti drive +/- double layer 1 OS0131 Windows 7 Professional with Windows 8.1 Pro recove 1 PCB0109 Motherboard type 1 1 SEGM0002 Segment 2 1 WLAN0006 Wireless b/g/n Wi-Fi 1

:)

chamlin, May 7, 2018
Thema:

Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop?

1. Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop? - Similar Threads - Worth Reinstalling Pro

2. TPM and Secure Boot, Is it worth a reinstall for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM and Secure Boot, Is it worth a reinstall for Windows 10: Hi, excuse my lack of knowledge, if this is a dumb question or if it’s been answered already, I searched but nothing came up.Is there enough security benefit in running TPM and Secure Boot on Windows 10 to warrant all the pain involved in a clean install?With the current...
  3. TPM and Secure Boot, Is it worth a reinstall for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM and Secure Boot, Is it worth a reinstall for Windows 10: Hi, excuse my lack of knowledge, if this is a dumb question or if it’s been answered already, I searched but nothing came up.Is there enough security benefit in running TPM and Secure Boot on Windows 10 to warrant all the pain involved in a clean install?With the current...
  4. TPM and Secure Boot, Is it worth a reinstall for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reinstalling Windows 10 pro: Is there a way to reinstall window without having to reinstall all my apps? Like using a Windows recovery program. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-10-pro/0a8132c7-a10e-4380-bab1-0431f476c1b3
  6. Upgraded laptop to Windows 10 Pro reinstall question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded laptop to Windows 10 Pro reinstall question.: As many of you know modern laptops save your Windows 10 key in the bios so during install you are never prompted for a key. This can make installing using a different key almost impossible. I had a Windows 7 Pro retail key lying around so I used it to upgrade my laptop to...
  7. Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Worth It?: so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then...
  8. Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100????

Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100????: My laptop which started as Win7 and I upgraded to win10 and then Win10 Pro died. I just bought a new laptop which came with Win10 Home. Is it worth the $100 to upgrade to Pro? Is BitLocker worth it?...
  9. Windows 10 Pro reinstall

Windows 10 Pro reinstall: Hi how do I find the product key for my windows 10 pro. After an update the PC has become very slow and lots of the apps have stopped working. I upgraded from windows 8 so don't have a copy of the windows 10 key....
  10. Acer laptop: BIOS update, worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer laptop: BIOS update, worth it?: Hello, I own an Acer E5 575G-5622 laptop. Recently bought this machine, it came with 1.12 BIOS version. If I see drivers for my laptop, it also shows me BIOS updates. Currently v1.29 BIOS update is available for this machine. My question is that is it worth it to upgrade...