Windows 10: Is KeePassXC Blocking Me From Manually Entering a Password?

Discus and support Is KeePassXC Blocking Me From Manually Entering a Password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Version 20H2 A contributor to a local BBS suggested I install KeePassXC on my refurbished Dell Latitude 3330. So I downloaded a file named... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CluelessInSeatl, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Is KeePassXC Blocking Me From Manually Entering a Password?

Version 20H2 A contributor to a local BBS suggested I install KeePassXC on my refurbished Dell Latitude 3330. So I downloaded a file named KeePassXC-2.6.4-Win64.msi and installed it. But I never got around to creating a database of my passwords because other problems kept cropping up and taking up my time. But I noticed that KeePassXC would automatically run at bootup, in spite of it not having any passwords entered into its database. Today, I tried to log into my Social Security account, where they now have a two step process where you enter your user I.D. and password, and then they email you an 8 digit security code you have to enter on the SS login page. But the field where I was supposed to enter the security code was partially covered up by a little doodad like this: It looked like a tiny gray message balloon containing three dots in a horizontal row. And when I hovered my mouse pointer over it, a box appeared containing the words "Fill TOTP from KeePassXC." The problem was that that little gray balloon covered up the the rightmost end of the field where the 8th digit of the security code was supposed to go, and seemed to be blocking me from entering the 8th digit. I could enter the first 7 digits, but I couldn't enter the last digit where the grey balloon was squatting. And I was denied access to my account. So, I thought, "I don't have any passwords in KeePass yet, so I'll just uninstall it, and then try accessing my SS account." So that's what I did; I uninstalled KeePassXC, using Windows 10 add/remove programs, but when I retried accessing my SS account, that same little "doodad" still appeared in the same position, blocking me from entering the last digit of the 8 digit security code. I tried shutting down and restarting Windows, but the little sucker was still there after the reboot. I'd appreciate some help figuring out why I'm getting that KeePassXC symbol and message even after I've uninstalled it. And how I can get rid of it. I've hunted around for a KeePassXC support forum, but haven't found one yet. Will in Seattle a.k.a. "Clueless"

:)

CluelessInSeatl, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2021
  3. donnyb Win User
    No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Is KeePassXC Blocking Me From Manually Entering a Password?

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Is KeePassXC Blocking Me From Manually Entering a Password?

1. Is KeePassXC Blocking Me From Manually Entering a Password? - Similar Threads - KeePassXC Blocking Manually

2. Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password: I need help i keep restarting my pc to try to type in my password to my bios but i cant type anything and i have no clue as to why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-blue-screen-with-enter-password-frozen/dd7f342d-4405-4f78-b3e2-07408cad3395
  3. Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password: I need help i keep restarting my pc to try to type in my password to my bios but i cant type anything and i have no clue as to why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-blue-screen-with-enter-password-frozen/dd7f342d-4405-4f78-b3e2-07408cad3395
  4. Why is the blue screen with enter password frozen for me? I cant enter the password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asked me to enter a password and create a pin.: Hello. I'm using a laptop that has Windows hello turned off and is automatically logged in. I did it with netplwiz. But today, while turning on the laptop, it asked me to enter a password, and when I entered the microsoft password, it asked me to create a pin code. I did...
  6. Enter Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enter Password: Hi,my laptop shows this command after a long time I never changed the password. I have tried various ways and have entered my account password but still can't. I've tried it while connecting with internet via LAN.Thankyou...
  7. Blocked from entering sign in number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked from entering sign in number: I have 2 PCs running Win 10 Pro 64-bit I am able to sign-in on one but on the other I am being blocked from entering the complete sign on number. What could be causing this? What should I do? I performed a system restore from backup the problem persisted. That did not help....
  8. Microsoft makes me re enter password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft makes me re enter password: My friend is trying to log into her microsoft account on their laptop the password works on their phone but when they go on their laptop they enter the exact same password then brings them to the same screen to enter the password and when they enter any old passwords it says...
  9. Each log in is causing me to enter the password

Each log in is causing me to enter the password: Split from this thread. Same problem with me. Each log in is causing me to enter the password. Even the outlook is not able to retain the password of my gmail account. Mine is Windows 10 system and office 365 subscription. Any help from Microsoft would be appreciated....
  10. password to enter

password to enter: Old password will not work and allow me to login at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-enter/2a701d3b-e461-4447-aacd-80d95851da0a"