Windows 10: Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE?

Discus and support Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says. Sorry for the noob question here but I am at the bottom of the learning curve here. If they are different, what is the use case for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, Dec 5, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE?

As the title says. Sorry for the noob question here but I am at the bottom of the learning curve here.

If they are different, what is the use case for each?

:)

x509, Dec 5, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

When using the Kyhi boot if the Intel RST acceleration can be disabled the 750 GB drive in RAID 0 can then be moved to any computer and the files read.

Intel was contacted regarding the Intel RST and they indicated that the Intel RST is a HP driver.
    HP was contacted regarding the failure to install the driver(s) and they indicated that they troubleshoot hardware and not software.

When using Kyhi boot rescue does the classification as to whether it is software or a driver impact the ability to install?

Are there any other steps to get the software or drive installed when using Kyhi boot rescue?

There was an error log for the Intel RST.
    Amazingly there was no troubleshooting support of the log available at Intel or HP.

SIW2 the steps that were listed in the post #6 I was not able to interpret.
    Please use alternative words and steps so that they can be followed by a beginner.

zbook, Dec 5, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    Temporary Mirror for Kyhi's Custom Rescue Media

@Kyhi
    Problems getting your PE files for a couple days now. *Sad

Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE? [​IMG]

simrick, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Nisko Win User

how modify Kyhi's PE disk

Sure would be interested in the list of utilities you put on your PE flash drive. Also, how large is that flash drive? Thanks.....

Nisko, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE? - Similar Threads - Kyhi's rescue disk

2. How to make a Windows PE Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 News
    How to make a Windows PE Rescue Disk: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Windows PE based Rescue Disk extends Windows OS recovery functionality, adding free and open-source tools you can use to recover, restore, and analyze your ailing Windows 10 installation. In this post, we will show you how to make a [...] This post How to...
  3. Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too: Two days ago my laptop would not boot up and I got an 0xC000 0098 error code. Using bootrec /buildBCD did not work, and bootrec reported that it found 0 windows partitions on the laptop, even though I multiboot that system between a "production" install and a "scratch-test"...
  4. Macrium and Win Pe

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium and Win Pe: Hello,Recently updated "Macrium Reflect" program to latest version 7.2.4440. After the update I made a new rescue cd, Had first to press on "Rebuild Pe". After cd was done, I ran it to check it, it is OK. However I wonder why on the upper row of the rescue screen is written...
  5. Macrium and Win Pe

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium and Win Pe: Hello,Recently updated "Macrium Reflect" program to latest version 7.2.4440. After the update I made a new rescue cd, Had first to press on "Rebuild Pe". After cd was done, I ran it to check it, it is OK. However I wonder why on the upper row of the rescue screen is written...
  6. Minecraft connecting PE to Win 10 version on same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft connecting PE to Win 10 version on same network: So until recently, my daughter and I would enjoy playing Minecraft together. She has PE on an android tablet, running the latest build (I checked) while I run the Win 10 version. On both versions we're logged in under my X-Box account, though it's never caused an issue...
  7. Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Rescue Disk: Hello, Does this place have any windows 10 rescue disk or on a usb stick? I want to have a windows 10 plus rescue disk hopefully something free Thanks, P999
  8. how modify Kyhi's PE disk

in Windows 10 Support
    how modify Kyhi's PE disk: @Kyhi Thank you for the Emergency DVD. I'd like to add a few tools to my version. Can you please explain how to do this? Also, I'd like to place an icon for every tool on the desktop. How do I do that? I would think that I would have to use the ISO to write on a...
  9. Win 10 Rescue disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Rescue disk: I have a new laptop with win 7 pro installed. Once Win 10 is installed in July how will I be able to create a system restore disk? 7496
  10. Recovery Drive vs Recovery Partition vs PE Rescue Disk, confused.

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Drive vs Recovery Partition vs PE Rescue Disk, confused.: After I did a clean install of Win10 about a year ago, I created a USB Recovery Drive. I also have a Norton Security Recovery Drive and I’ve created USB Bootable PE Rescue Disk by Kyhi. I also use Acronis to create regular full disk images and I have a USB Bootable Acronis...