Windows 10: Is last known good configuration still available in windows 10 ?

Discus and support Is last known good configuration still available in windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So someone was is having WiFi adapter issue. The tech took the user to Bios setting and performed last known good configuration. I thought that option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/coolguy090, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Is last known good configuration still available in windows 10 ?

So someone was is having WiFi adapter issue. The tech took the user to Bios setting and performed last known good configuration. I thought that option is no longer available on windows 10

submitted by /u/coolguy090
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/coolguy090, Sep 18, 2020

2. Restore a Previous "Known Good" configuration?

Hi Kharrisma,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Last known good configuration has been removed in Windows. Advise you to do a startup repair or do a System Restore.

The following steps outline the steps to fix Windows failing to boot and you can boot to the advanced startup options.

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/05/fix-win...\

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 18, 2020
  3. CarolLJ Win User
    Last known good configuration as a boot option - windows 10

That'd be like trying to reprogram Windows. Is last known good configuration still available in windows 10 ? :) You can't undo "Last Known Good Configuration" either.

CarolLJ, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Cybot Win User

Is last known good configuration still available in windows 10 ?

Last known good configuration as a boot option - windows 10

Windows XP - 7 have a emergency boot option called "Last Known Good Configuration" this feature sometimes allows windows to boot correctly when it suddenly starts having boot issues that are registry based. Windows 8/8.1 and 10 have this feature disabled.
    I have encountered multiple times issues where this feature would have been of tremendous help in windows 10. fortunately, It has not been removed, only turned off.

I followed the guide here to turn it back on.

How to restore the Last Known Good Configuration feature in Windows 8.1

but the guide has you using the legacy boot menu to access the boot option. I would prefer to use the newer boot menu to access the option. I am not that familiar with how to modify the newer boot menu options, so I came here to ask. Is there a way to add
    the 'Last know good configuration' boot option to the new boot menu, preferably, where it belongs, in the advanced startup options?

Cybot, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Is last known good configuration still available in windows 10 ?

1. Is last known good configuration still available in windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - last known configuration

2. How to end the Last Known Good Configuration mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to end the Last Known Good Configuration mode: Hello. I've started my windows on Last Known Good Configuration mode. And now I can't get it back to normal no matter how many times I restarted and chose "start normaly". It's windows 7 and it's been crushing a lot lately. Many times the blue screen error interrupted my work...
  3. How to end the Last Known Good Configuration mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to end the Last Known Good Configuration mode: Hello. I've started my windows on Last Known Good Configuration mode. And now I can't get it back to normal no matter how many times I restarted and chose "start normaly". It's windows 7 and it's been crushing a lot lately. Many times the blue screen error interrupted my work...
  4. How do I reset Home Display Configuration if Display is not recognizing both known good...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset Home Display Configuration if Display is not recognizing both known good...: Windows 10 - Multiple External displays with HP EliteBook 840 G5 laptopWork 3 Extended Displays working FineHome 2 Extended Displays Not Recognizing both good monitors both setups using smae model docking stations - How do I reset Home Display Configuration if Display is not...
  5. How do I reset Home Display Configuration if Display is not recognizing both known good...

How do I reset Home Display Configuration if Display is not recognizing both known good...: Windows 10 - Multiple External displays with HP EliteBook 840 G5 laptopWork 3 Extended Displays working FineHome 2 Extended Displays Not Recognizing both good monitors both setups using smae model docking stations - How do I reset Home Display Configuration if Display is not...
  6. How do I reset Home Display Configuration if Display is not recognizing both known good...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows didn't start normally, on safe mode and even Last Known Good Configuration too. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows didn't start normally, on safe mode and even Last Known Good Configuration too. How...: In March 16 at 9:29 AM, I turned on my PC and it didn't start normally unlike yesterday. But the keyboard num lock lit up and still stuck on the startup screen. So I turned it off and tried safe mode, but it also didn't startup but lit up the num lock on my keyboard. I'm in...
  8. Windows didn't start normally, on safe mode and even Last Known Good Configuration too. How...

Windows didn't start normally, on safe mode and even Last Known Good Configuration too. How...: In March 16 at 9:29 AM, I turned on my PC and it didn't start normally unlike yesterday. But the keyboard num lock lit up and still stuck on the startup screen. So I turned it off and tried safe mode, but it also didn't startup but lit up the num lock on my keyboard. I'm in...
  9. Known Network To Available Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Known Network To Available Network: How to move a wifi network that I want to connect to, from the "Unknown Network" category, to the "Available Network" category. I have it set for "Connect Automatically", but it will not make itself available now, yet I have used it many times before....
  10. Restore a Previous "Known Good" configuration?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore a Previous "Known Good" configuration?: Hi Forum Folke, Well, I installed/ran a program recommended to me by a friend who's always reliable in his assessment of software... but this time I think he might have goofed. I downloaded & installed & ran AML Free Registry Cleaner, hoping to correct slowdown issues....