Windows 10: Is leaving PC (meant for gaming) on over night bad

Discus and support Is leaving PC (meant for gaming) on over night bad in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What side effects can it cause? submitted by /u/Alexx_0 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alexx_0, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Is leaving PC (meant for gaming) on over night bad

/u/Alexx_0, Nov 1, 2020

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 1, 2020
  3. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Is leaving PC (meant for gaming) on over night bad

Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Is leaving PC (meant for gaming) on over night bad

1. Is leaving PC (meant for gaming) on over night bad - Similar Threads - leaving meant gaming

2. PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night: HI-Not sure where to go with this one, BUTSeveral times in the past couple of weeks, when I return to my PC in the morning, it is effectively powered off, BUT the power light is still on.Status of the new Dell Inspiron Desktop PC with Windows 11 installed and up to date:1 All...
  3. PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly EFFECTIVELY POWERED OFF over the night: HI-Not sure where to go with this one, BUTSeveral times in the past couple of weeks, when I return to my PC in the morning, it is effectively powered off, BUT the power light is still on.Status of the new Dell Inspiron Desktop PC with Windows 11 installed and up to date:1 All...
  4. My computer is often hibernating when I leave it to sleep over night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is often hibernating when I leave it to sleep over night: Could you assist me with resolving an issue I've been having with my Dell Inspiron 7306 running Windows 11, where it goes into hibernation when I leave it to sleep over night! I've tried various solutions online but haven't been able to find the "hibernate after" setting...
  5. My computer is often hibernating when I leave it to sleep over night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is often hibernating when I leave it to sleep over night: Could you assist me with resolving an issue I've been having with my Dell Inspiron 7306 running Windows 11, where it goes into hibernation when I leave it to sleep over night! I've tried various solutions online but haven't been able to find the "hibernate after" setting...
  6. Is it bad if I leave Volume - c: is Dirty?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it bad if I leave Volume - c: is Dirty?: Recently started getting repairing and scanning drive every start up because my power went out one day and pc wasn't shut off correctly. I put chkntfs /x c: to disable it on startup but is it bad if i just leave it disabled and not fix it? I've tried running chkdsk c: /f/r/x...
  7. Is it bad if I leave Volume - c: is Dirty?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it bad if I leave Volume - c: is Dirty?: Recently started getting repairing and scanning drive every start up because my power went out one day and pc wasn't shut off correctly. I put chkntfs /x c: to disable it on startup but is it bad if i just leave it disabled and not fix it? I've tried running chkdsk c: /f/r/x...
  8. Windows updated over night horror

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated over night horror: Everything including Windows 10 is gone. Used USB boot to get to notepad. All drives show total available space 100%. The few folders I see are all empty. BIOS no long has Microsoft boot manager as a option. No windows access. availability. Cputer loads with boot error...
  9. Bad gaming performance suddenly "over night"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad gaming performance suddenly "over night": Hey reddit! I'm currently facing a problem since a couple of months which I just can't seem to fix.I have a computer with relatively "old" hardware with the following specs: CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X RAM: 8GB DDR2 Windows 10 Pro 64-bit SATA SSD...
  10. Picture vanished over night

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture vanished over night: Last night, I showed my daughter a picture on my laptop, today it is gone. The other pictures taken at the same time are there. I searched the entire computer for all .jpg pictures with no luck. Don't know if this helps: The search did pull up pictures of political...