Windows 10: Is Locking a windows Laptop lead to Standby state?

Discus and support Is Locking a windows Laptop lead to Standby state? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When the system stays idle for a long time it goes to stand by. when i lock my windows laptop, if i have some media playback it keeps playing. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sid_asks, Oct 16, 2019.

1. sid_asks Win User

Is Locking a windows Laptop lead to Standby state?

When the system stays idle for a long time it goes to stand by. when i lock my windows laptop, if i have some media playback it keeps playing. Is there a timeout after locking for the system to go to any power saving mode?

:)

sid_asks, Oct 16, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 16, 2019
  3. little cat, Oct 16, 2019
  4. t0yz Win User

Can't enable Modern Standby

You need an exclusively UEFI PC (without Legacy support) for Modern/Connected, at least it's what I've heard. I guess if that Z390 doesn't have it, I am not really expecting any consumer desktops to implement it, I assume it would require manufacturers to kinda rewrite their BIOS. It is also indirectly suggested on Anandtech that the feature depends on the onboard WiFi:

Personally I love my Ethernet cables and 1Gbit speeds, and WiFi would be the last thing I'd do to my PC, but I would like to test this feature when I buy a new PC, since Z370 is clearly out of question. Considering that Z390 basically has onboard WiFi and Z370 doesn't , it further solidifies this as a potential WiFi only feature. Maybe it's possible for the PC to switch to WiFi for Connected Standby and then back to wire after it wakes up? That would be nice.

Edit: there's also this:
    "Modern Standby is only available on some SoC systems. When it's supported, the system does not support S1-S3."

Yeah... S3 is the "normal" standby. So if your firmware manufacturer supports that, it's bye-bye Modern? Ouch.

Thema:

1. Is Locking a windows Laptop lead to Standby state? - Similar Threads - Locking Laptop lead

2. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 News
    Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: [IMG]Event Log message “Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance“ indicates that the Network Interface Card (NIC) lost connectivity while the system was in standby mode. Even though this is a network issue, it can be caused due to various software...
  3. Security problem leads to account locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security problem leads to account locked: Hello! I just made this account. My regular account is inaccessible at the moment. Here is why... I received a prompt on my phone today from Microsoft inviting me to inspect my account activity, as they had become suspicious that there might be something peculiar going on...
  4. Security problem leads to account locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security problem leads to account locked: Hello! I just made this account. My regular account is inaccessible at the moment. Here is why... I received a prompt on my phone today from Microsoft inviting me to inspect my account activity, as they had become suspicious that there might be something peculiar going on...
  5. Security problem leads to account locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: Hi I have been having a problem with my system restarting randomlyin event viewer the event was as stated The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly....
  7. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-state-in-standby-disconnected-reason/f0478be1-0633-4bcb-b6c9-2dc9896c7dfdWith regard to the above link to a previous Community discussion, I have a similar same? problem and would appreciate guidance when...
  8. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-state-in-standby-disconnected-reason/f0478be1-0633-4bcb-b6c9-2dc9896c7dfdWith regard to the above link to a previous Community discussion, I have a similar same? problem and would appreciate guidance when...
  9. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: Hi all,I have been having a problem with my system just randomly rebooting on its own. There was no blue screen or any signs before the reboots.I noticed that it reboots usually during I'm gaming or right after I closed the game.I have tried some proposed solutions like...
  10. Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance

Connectivity state in standby: Disconnected, Reason: NIC compliance: Hi all,I have been having a problem with my system just randomly rebooting on its own. There was no blue screen or any signs before the reboots.I noticed that it reboots usually during I'm gaming or right after I closed the game.I have tried some proposed solutions like...