Windows 10: Is M.2 ssd for laptop only

Discus and support Is M.2 ssd for laptop only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 1.Whether M.2 ssd is only for laptop or it is for PC also. 2. whether Intel i3 7th generation processor supports M.2 ssd. 3. If it is for PC also and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam9, Nov 8, 2020.

1. sam9 Win User

Is M.2 ssd for laptop only

1.Whether M.2 ssd is only for laptop or it is for PC also. 2. whether Intel i3 7th generation processor supports M.2 ssd. 3. If it is for PC also and If PC does not have slot for M.2 ssd then what is the cheapest way to use M.2 ssd in a PC which does not have slot.

:)

sam9, Nov 8, 2020
  2. mcjclc Win User

M.2 SSD card

How do I get my Gemini laptop to recognize the M.2 SSD card

mcjclc, Nov 8, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    M.2 SSD for Asus NX500J laptop

The Newegg link that you provide is to a PCI-E non-NVME SSD.

Crucial.com lists no M.2 SSD upgrades for the NX500JK. They list the M.2 slot only as PCI-E. (Crucial makes both PCI-E and SATA M.2 2280 drives. They appear to not make any non-NVME PCI-E M.2 SSDs.)

bobkn, Nov 8, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

DRDNA, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Is M.2 ssd for laptop only - Similar Threads - ssd laptop

2. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  3. Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my laptop stopped recognizing my LaCie SSD Pro after Windows ran an update?: My LaCie SSD Pro external drive that I work from everyday randomly will not be recognized by my laptop. A different LaCie SSD drive works, the cable and port both work, and the drive can be recognized by other computers. I know Windows ran an update the morning before it no...
  4. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  5. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  6. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  8. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  9. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  10. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...