Windows 10: Is Mailwasher needed any more?

Discus and support Is Mailwasher needed any more? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use a program called Mailwasher to check emails before opening them. I can either blacklist or friends list a sender plus delete the badk emails... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jshaw42, Jan 25, 2016.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Is Mailwasher needed any more?

I use a program called Mailwasher to check emails before opening them. I can either blacklist or friends list a sender plus delete the badk emails prior to opening them in Thunderbird. Is this still necessary these days?

:)

jshaw42, Jan 25, 2016
  2. .Chris. Win User

KB3132372 causing issues with Windows Forms Host whenever an Internet Explorer object is used.

Hi,

MailWasher Pro (commercial Security Software by Firetrust) is also affected by the KB3132372 update. With the start video activated (by default), the program crashes immediately.

Uninstalling KB3132372 solves the problem.

Chris

.Chris., Jan 25, 2016
  3. why is my windows phone sending spam emails over 5000 to be exact

marksmithsh, Jan 25, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Depends on how you read your emails. For example if you use gmail, they have their own rather good filtering system.

swarfega, Jan 25, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    I still use it. I use "Windows Live Mail" for my POP (ISP) e-mail on Win 10 and Outlook 2003 on Win 7 (it will be converted to Windows Live Mail sometime). Its still a better filtering tool than the junk mail in the e-mail programs.

It was a hassle with the extra program when I first started using it but over the years it no longer is a hassle but a plus.

fireberd, Jan 25, 2016
  6. Hi:

I get precious little SPAM.
    But I cannot live without Mailwasher Pro.

It permits me to preview -- in one handy, very customizable "grid" -- incoming messages from multiple ISP, webmail, and Exchange POP and IMAP accounts.
    I can safely delete (and report) the rare spam message from the server (without ever downloading the message into my local email client), but I can also "quick reply" and "quick forward" (very handy).
    It is my #1 productivity application, bar none.

Even though the Mobile version is cross-platform (and allows syncing across different devices), the PC version is one of the primary reasons I have stayed with Windoze (at least up until now). There is simply nothing out there for Mac that's nearly as good. (And I have never found anything comparable for PC, either.)

Just my penny thoughts,

MM (home user with multiple lifetime licenses and no financial interest in the company)

MoxieMomma, Jan 27, 2016
  7. jshaw42 Win User
    Thanks to all. MoxieMomma, your thoughts especially were well expressed and enlightening. I had not considered the mobile version.

jshaw42, Jan 27, 2016
  8. Is Mailwasher needed any more?

You are most welcome.

I'm glad I could help.

Cheers,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is Mailwasher needed any more? - Similar Threads - Mailwasher needed more

2. SSD not working any more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not working any more: I bought a new 1TB SSD for my PC ... when I first installed it, it worked fine, I allocated the space and designated the HDs letter with "diskmgmt.msc" and started transferring some files on it - i used approx. 200 GB of space, I made a "Steam" folder through Steam and then...
  3. need more space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need more space: what i can delete from windows folder?? submitted by /u/Frosty_Weird5080 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8oyj4/need_more_space/
  4. kb4586791 breaks OneDrive, MSI Afterburner, Mailwasher and more - CAN'T GET RID OF IT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4586791 breaks OneDrive, MSI Afterburner, Mailwasher and more - CAN'T GET RID OF IT!: This morning, I responded to a "restart needed to install updates" notification, which installed update kb4586791. And then the problems began. First MSI Afterburner errored out with error -3 Then Mailwasher errored out with some cryptic line about task scheduler. Then...
  5. Mailwasher Question

in Browsers and Email
    Mailwasher Question: I just started using Mailwasher because I receive tons of Spam that I want to have deleted before it reaches my Spam Folder. Most of the Spam comes from .club or .host domains. I have tried to blacklist and filter on Mailwasher, using the following (but mail still gets...
  6. MailWasher Pro 7 fails to log into POP3 server.

in Browsers and Email
    MailWasher Pro 7 fails to log into POP3 server.: 1909 (OS Build 18363.778) I have asked this question a while ago on the Mailwasher forum but still haven't had a reply. When I check in the system in settings it connects to the server. But from the Check Mail button it doesn't. What should I check or do to get it working...
  7. Need help. I can't drag and drop any items/folders/files any more!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help. I can't drag and drop any items/folders/files any more!: I didn't update or change anything. I was editing in premiere pro dragging and dropping things into it then suddenly i couldn't anymore. submitted by /u/sonicbuster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds9rxd/need_help_i_cant_drag_and_drop_any/
  8. Need more advice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need more advice: I'm cleaning up my Windows 10 pc to make more space. I unloaded some useless software and deleted some files on the desktop,,,,, Is that enough? What else do I need to do? 115173
  9. Need more advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Need more advice: I'm cleaning up my Windows 10 pc to make more space. I unloaded some useless software and deleted some files on the desktop,,,,, Is that enough? What else do I need to do? 115173
  10. Need more room

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need more room: I have a Dell tablet with a 32 Gig hard drive. I was down to 3 Gigs of free space. I removed a lot of software and blocked Windows Update. Was sitting on 1703/1706 (not sure which one). With all my messing around, I finally got up to 10 Gigs free. So I took a chance and went...