Windows 10: Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool?

Discus and support Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; MBAR is in beta status, and was last updated in 2017. My wife got some spam, and I want to do a rootkit scan, just in case. Norton security, Norton... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by x509, Nov 25, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool?

MBAR is in beta status, and was last updated in 2017. My wife got some spam, and I want to do a rootkit scan, just in case. Norton security, Norton Power Eraser, and MalwareBytes anti-Malware all come up clean.

:)

2. Phone Man Win User

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

This thread at Malwarebytes explains it all.

Anti-rootkit is a Beta program used to test rootkit updates before it is integrated into MBAM 3.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...-rootkit-beta/

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

The forum of malwarebytes could not help me either .
    If you use mbam 2 , the Anti-Rootkit uses the exclusions -list of mbam 2.
    I use mbam 3 ( latest version) , and this does not work with Anti-Rootkit...........

pietcorus2, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool?

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

How to add an exclusions-list in Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit ?
    Program keeps finding the same items , which I have to exclude after every scan !
    Would be much easier if we could add an exclusions-list.............

Im sure more people are using this software , so appreciate when someone has a solution.........

pietcorus2, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool?

1. Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool? - Similar Threads - MalwareByte Anti Rootkit

2. rootkit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rootkit: HiWhat are rootkits on my desktop via MALWARE bytes?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rootkit/07a0f6b2-1909-4285-98dd-e31b72c3192d
  3. malware and malwarebytes beta rootkit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware and malwarebytes beta rootkit: Anyway to get the free malwarebytes beta anti-rootkit to scan a external hard drive for malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-and-malwarebytes-beta-rootkit/87616022-f898-49ed-ad37-b5ab8ee7c27a
  4. Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit: How to add an exclusions-list in Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit ? Program keeps finding the same items , which I have to exclude after every scan ! Would be much easier if we could add an exclusions-list............. Im sure more people are using this software , so appreciate...
  5. EMET or Malwarebytes Anti exploit?

EMET or Malwarebytes Anti exploit?: Just wondering what people are using for Windows 10? Apparently EMET can be easily exploited in Windows 10 and MB Anti exploit is recommended over it. Any opinions on this? Does the premium version of Anti exploit allow you to secure 3rd party apps as EMET is able to? 64470
  6. Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit

Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit: At the moment I'm using Bitdefender anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. Would it be advantageous to install the above program. I'm not sure I fully understand what this program is trying to do. I have read the description on their web site but I must admit it's a bit...
  7. Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit: Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.12 Build 68 19 April 2018 ***Download page*** Protection: Protection against exploit-driven Process Hollowing attack Usability: Hypervisor Code Integrity (HVCI) Compliant Compatible with Windows...
  8. Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware: Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware [img] Information BETA 8 Version: 0.9.17.661 Release Date: September 6th 2016 Information and Download: New version - BETA 8 - now available! - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums...
  9. Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta: Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta [img] For the last four years, ransomware has evolved into one of the biggest threats to cyber security that I’ve seen in a long time. Names like CryptoLocker, CryptoWall, and CTBLocker keep average computer users...
  10. Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta: [img] For the last four years, ransomware has evolved into one of the biggest threats to cyber security that I’ve seen in a long time. Names like CryptoLocker, CryptoWall, and CTBLocker keep average computer users and IT security Jedis alike up at night. For good reason:...