Windows 10: Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough?

Discus and support Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Or should I download free av? submitted by /u/Irouca [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Irouca, Jun 27, 2020.

1. /u/Irouca Win User

Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough?

/u/Irouca, Jun 27, 2020

2. Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Yes. Even the best solution is easily bypassed if the user opens the door and lets the bad guy in. Besides users not being "click-happy", it is critical to keep Windows and the security programs current.

When it comes to paid programs, Malwarebytes Premium is the only one I recommend. And the good news is (besides it being cheaper than most) is it plays well with other programs, including Windows Defender. For my less savvy clients, friends, and relatives, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium is what I recommend (along with regular reminders to not be "click-happy) and there have been no problems. For the more experienced and disciplined clients, friends and relatives, WD and Malwarebytes Free works.

Regardless the primary solution of choice, everyone should have a secondary scanner for at least periodic (at least weekly) on-demand scanning. And I generally recommend Malwarebytes for that.

If you choose to add Malwarebytes Premium (the real-time version) as a secondary solution along with Windows Defender, make sure you go into Malwarebytes > Settings > Application and scroll down to "Windows Action Center". Then ensure "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center" button is ticked. This will ensure Windows Defender does not step aside, the default action when an alternative real-time solution is installed.

-1 for Kaspersky. The product is good, but the Russian infiltrated company cannot be trusted. That's not me talking: Google it.

Bill_Bright, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Pavan_N, Jun 27, 2020
  4. youngSr Win User

Do Windows 10 Home or Professional Defender/AVG Free/MalwareBytes Free Conflict?

Have 2 desktop computers with Windows 10 Home on one and Professional on the other.

- Is AVG FREE better to have / use than Defender?

- If so, do I need to remove Defender?

-Will MalwareBytes Free also conflict with Defender?

-Suggestion of Free AV protection to run in conjunction with Defender that will not conflict with Defender

Please provide simple answers to EACH question as I am not a tech savvy young Sr

youngSr, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough? - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes free Defender

2. Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows defender good enough as a free anti-virus?: Should i just stay with windows defender or should i download some other AV? Note that i will be using the free version of any AV i'll download submitted by /u/benPinhas [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  4. Malwarebytes Premium free trial compatibility with Windows 10 Defender

Malwarebytes Premium free trial compatibility with Windows 10 Defender: Does the installation of Malwarebytes Premium free trial disable or prevent Windows 10 Defender from running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes-premium-free-trial-compatibility-with/5850b911-e1e0-4eac-b44c-cfb90730f494
  5. Malwarebytes Free

Malwarebytes Free: Windows Security is now recognised as a fully comprehensive System and gets stronger . We are told you don't need Third Party and judging by AV Testing 100% on most occasions that's great . However why the care free attitude to PUPs . I accidently clicked on to something...
  6. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  7. Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10)

Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10): I'm just curious if Malwarebytes coupled with Windows defender is enough. I would like to add I use the internet quite a bit so I would like solid protection. I know windows defender doesn't have the BEST detection rate but I would hope Malwarebytes could pickup whatever...
  8. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  9. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.