Windows 10: Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run if "incompatible drivers" prevent that?

Discus and support Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run if "incompatible drivers" prevent that? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently Windows 11 Security began notifying me that Device Security needs action: Memory Integrity in Core Isolation cannot be turned on because of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EricOlson8, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run if "incompatible drivers" prevent that?

Recently Windows 11 Security began notifying me that Device Security needs action: Memory Integrity in Core Isolation cannot be turned on because of three "incompatible drivers." All three drives were installed from my ZTE Android phone. ZTE cannot provide updated drivers.Is not running Memory Integrity really risky?What would happen if I deleted the three specific drivers?What are the drivers incompatible with anyway?Not sure why this warning just started, as I have had the phone for several years without any issues.Thank you.

:)

EricOlson8, Sep 8, 2022

2. Memory Integrity: Core Isolation Error

I tried to Switch on Memory Integrity in Core Isolation in Windows Security Defender. After it does a scan for incompatible drivers, it throws an error saying Resolve any driver incompatibilities and scan again. So when I review incompatible driver it shows
    a usb2ser.sys (MediaTek Inc.) which is incompatible and says to resolve problems with incompatible Drivers. So how to resolve this error? Thanks

NiharShah8999, Sep 8, 2022
  3. Core Isolation- Memory Integrity

Hi Carlo. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

I would only test Memory Integrity to see if it works ok for you. It's still fairly new and may give a bunch of driver errors for drivers it says aren't tested.. You can try to cooperate with that but it seems that it is another effort to force recertification of OEM drivers that's been tried many times but always fails. It's even flagging some WIndows System drivers, though.

However you may get lucky and not have any drivers flagged so you can test it to see. There's more about this here:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/why...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/memory-integrity... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://allthings.how/how-to-fix-incompatible-d...

After reviewing all of these best resources let me know what you think, or results if you try to enable it. I am here to help.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Sep 8, 2022
  4. Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run if "incompatible drivers" prevent that?

Core Isolation - Memory Integrity Not Turning On - Driver Incompatibilities - Please help!

Hi Community,

Today I noticed that Memory Integrity in Core Isolation in Windows Security is not turned on. So I tried to turn it on but I got an error something related to driver incompatibilities. Please help me regarding this to turn this feature on.

Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run if "incompatible drivers" prevent that? c5639dcd-92db-4be0-867e-bf0a820eec02?upload=true.jpg

I've clicked on Review incompatible drivers and noticed that there are many related to Huawei, HUAWEI Technologies CO.,LTD, Huawei Incorporated and TENCENT. But I have no hardware device or a software device related to Huawei or Tencent. So why do they have installed in my laptop. And how to remove them.

I'm using DELL Inspiron 15 3576 with Intel Core i5-8250U, 8GB DDR4 RAM (4GB A-Data Technology & 4GB Samsung), 1TB HDD Toshiba and 480GB SSD Kingston, Dell Motherboard ODTW31. None of the hardware is related to Huawei or Tencent.

Also please check this video in the below link to see what incompatible drivers are shown in Windows Security.

Core Isolation Memory Integrity Screen recording

Also ask me in replies on what more additional information is required.

Regards

Avinash

Avinash Kodavalla, Sep 8, 2022
Thema:

Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run if "incompatible drivers" prevent that?

1. Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run if "incompatible drivers" prevent that? - Similar Threads - Memory Integrity Core

2. Windows Security - Core Isolation - Memory Integrity - No incompatible drivers found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security - Core Isolation - Memory Integrity - No incompatible drivers found: I own a Dell XPS 13 9300, with all latest updates of Windows 11 and drivers through Dell's SupportAssist software installed, as of May 26th, 2023. I've noticed an alert icon on Windows Security a couple days ago and it says my Memory Integrity was disabled due to incompatible...
  3. Windows Security - Core Isolation - Memory Integrity - No incompatible drivers found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security - Core Isolation - Memory Integrity - No incompatible drivers found: I own a Dell XPS 13 9300, with all latest updates of Windows 11 and drivers through Dell's SupportAssist software installed, as of May 26th, 2023. I've noticed an alert icon on Windows Security a couple days ago and it says my Memory Integrity was disabled due to incompatible...
  4. Core Isolation - Memory Integrity can't be activated due to incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation - Memory Integrity can't be activated due to incompatible drivers: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please note that i am providing a solution to the Core Isolation turned...
  5. Core Isolation Memory Integrity disabled due to incompatible driver usb2ser.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Memory Integrity disabled due to incompatible driver usb2ser.sys: This seems to be a common issue people are having with the MediaTek USB to COM port driver which is a mostly useless component since nobody uses COM ports anymore for anything but really old hardware. That's probably why they haven't bothered to update the driver to make it...
  6. Core Isolation Memory Integrity disabled due to incompatible driver usb2ser.sys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Core Isolation Memory Integrity disabled due to incompatible driver usb2ser.sys: This seems to be a common issue people are having with the MediaTek USB to COM port driver which is a mostly useless component since nobody uses COM ports anymore for anything but really old hardware. That's probably why they haven't bothered to update the driver to make it...
  7. Core Isolation Memory Integrity fails to enable because of incompatible driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Memory Integrity fails to enable because of incompatible driver...: I am getting this problem. I am not a techie and do not fully understand all of the previous discussions on this issue. I have never deleted a driver. Seems like some WD update created this issue. How can I clear this issue up besides buying a new computer. Can I just...
  8. Core Isolation Memory Integrity fails to enable because of incompatible driver...

Core Isolation Memory Integrity fails to enable because of incompatible driver...: I am getting this problem. I am not a techie and do not fully understand all of the previous discussions on this issue. I have never deleted a driver. Seems like some WD update created this issue. How can I clear this issue up besides buying a new computer. Can I just...
  9. Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run in "incompatible drivers" prevent that?

Is Memory Integrity in Core Isolation important to run in "incompatible drivers" prevent that?: Recently Windows 11 Security began notifying me that Device Security needs action: Memory Integrity in Core Isolation cannot be turned on because of three "incompatible drivers." All three drives were installed from my ZTE Android phone. ZTE cannot provide updated drivers.Is...
  10. Core Isolation - Memory Integrity Not Turning On - Driver Incompatibilities - Please help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Core Isolation - Memory Integrity Not Turning On - Driver Incompatibilities - Please help!: Hi Community, Today I noticed that Memory Integrity in Core Isolation in Windows Security is not turned on. So I tried to turn it on but I got an error something related to driver incompatibilities. Please help me regarding this to turn this feature on. [ATTACH] I've...