Windows 10: Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

Discus and support Is Microsoft giving up the race ?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2 Years ago I wrote an article about how with every Windows 10 feature update Microsoft tends to trim out essential features than rather add new ones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

2 Years ago I wrote an article about how with every Windows 10 feature update Microsoft tends to trim out essential features than rather add new ones that it kind of feels like they are on a downgrade mission to reach how it was back with Windows 95 (Source : Here)

Now 2 years have passed and surprisingly my theory is NOT being proved wrong , of course I am not talking about Microsoft intention to render its OS more like Windows 95 but it continues to strip its OS from all cool competing features for no declared reason and surprisingly this is not dragging any response from the tech world .

So previously on Windows 8 Microsoft declared its mission was to give you 2 OSes instead of one , the Metro touch OS that is able to run touch APPs and the good old Desktop mode everybody is accustomed to where that would be a transition for Windows to get all cool and touch friendly like all other devices circulating .

Then after , they released Windows 8.1 which kind tamed down the Metro OS to make it not the default interface , but just an APP runner you call by Windows Key .

Then after they released Windows 10 which they rendered the Metro interface just a cool Start Menu like that you had on Windows 7 and Vista and hardly nobody now calls it Metro or recall the Metro hype Microsoft made back in Windows 8 era .

So a decade have passed in a long journey that lead them back where they started .

Next bus stop was Cortana Assistant the successor to Microsoft Agent , with Microsoft claiming that it aims to have some global A.I. to wipe out its adversary Apple's Siri because of all it can learn from all over the globe with the vast spread of PCs , Supporting more languages and endless features .

Later on it was announced that Cortana will no longer support more languages , and later even it was announced that Cortana's A.I. is no longer in development , and finally Cortana now will no longer become an assistant but rather a voice command interface to open up stuff which is actually less in features than the 2 decades old Microsoft Agent that was easily localized , supported all languages and had various funny looking avatars to pick from .

Is Microsoft giving up the race ?! [​IMG]

Then Microsoft announced the big one , it was stealthily working on a new OS , an OS all aimed at touch , will be released on fold-able devices which will give people the edge to use one side of the fold as a cool touch keyboard , the other side as the screen or flat it to have a cool Surface Pro like tablet which will boost 10 hours of operation and gaming on a hand held level .

The device was released to low and behold be a Google Android device , yes you read that right , pure Google Android device , no traces of Windows what so ever , not even virtually , with even problems pairing with PCs .

So basically I know this is a multi-billion dollars corporation , but funny enough they are not acting like one at all , how are they still in the loop is beyond me honestly with almost all their paid services being offered for free by not even remotely equal in value companies with business modules revolving around pennies collected from Google Ads .

With the kind of money they are collecting one would expect to have an unmatched experience , with things getting done , not just promises getting ages to achieve then eventually going down the drain of deprecation leaving all us PC supporters in frustration .

Cheers
    *Cool

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 13, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Some peripherals (G25 racing wheel) not working since "Creators" update.

Hi Howard,

If Windows 10 can't detect the device, this may be due to an outdated device driver. To resolve this issue, we suggest running the Microsoft
    the Microsoft easy fix solutions for devices and hardware. See How to use Microsoft
    easy fix solutions
    and look for Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.

If the same instance occurs, kindly perform the following steps to remove and re-add the device:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Select Connected Devices.
    • If the racing wheel is not listed under Other devices, kindly click Add a device. Follow the on-screen prompts to manually add the device. In case the system can't detect the device during this
      process, kindly disconnect and reconnect the controller or try connecting it to a different USB port.
    • Restart your computer so that the changes can take effect.

Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jun 13, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

1. Is Microsoft giving up the race ?! - Similar Threads - Microsoft giving race

2. Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt: I use to like this simple game, but it is so badly design. For example 2 out of 3 times when you go into the extra level, once you finish it will kick you to the beginning of the level your in and you have to complete the level all over again, sometime it will do this two or...
  3. Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Giving up on Microsoft Treasure Hunt: I use to like this simple game, but it is so badly design. For example 2 out of 3 times when you go into the extra level, once you finish it will kick you to the beginning of the level your in and you have to complete the level all over again, sometime it will do this two or...
  4. Racing Wheel showing up as unspecified in control panel and not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Racing Wheel showing up as unspecified in control panel and not working: Hello, I have updated all drivers and removed old ones as almost every forum suggests I do but it is still showing up as unspecified and not allowing me to use the wheel. This is my wheel (https://hori.co.uk/racing-wheel-overdrive-for-xbox-one/) It worked perfectly on XB1...
  5. Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Microsoft giving up the race ?!: 2 Years ago I wrote an article about how with every Windows 10 feature update Microsoft tends to trim out essential features than rather add new ones that it kind of feels like they are on a downgrade mission to reach how it was back with Windows 95 (Source : Here) Now 2...
  6. csr racing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    csr racing: how do you fix CSR Racing is currently not available. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/csr-racing/b83dc0c0-6421-4c21-9f42-75920d9dae68"
  7. racing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    racing game: I install gamelofts asphalt 9 legends on my win. 10 pc and it installed properly but game is not started within a second it close. help me
  8. Racing HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Racing HDD: Can anyone tell me why my half empty HDD rockets up to 99% upon launch it gradually drops to 'normal' levels after around 90 seconds, I have no high-impact startups and I use Defender with Windows (10). Thank you. 94213
  9. Microsoft gives up on Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives up on Windows 10 Mobile: Microsoft appears to have abandoned its smartphone operating system ambitions. The company's Windows 10 chief has tweeted that developing new features and hardware for the Mobile version of the OS was no longer a "focus". Joe Belfiore added that he had also switched to...
  10. Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives up on charging for Windows in China: Call it amnesty. Call it common sense. Call it whatever you want, but Microsoft's decision to upgrade all Windows users in China to Windows 10, even if they're using pirated versions of Windows, is a clear sign that the operating system is dead. No, not dead as in "doesn't...