Windows 10: Is "microsoft.photos.exe" a virus?

Discus and support Is "microsoft.photos.exe" a virus? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So today my Norton Antivirus popped up with this message [ATTACH]I have no idea if this is the one that comes with every windows 10 for photos and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by comcdougalsmcdougal, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Is "microsoft.photos.exe" a virus?

So today my Norton Antivirus popped up with this message Is "microsoft.photos.exe" a virus? b5711c13-3724-4c32-95be-742e0e5564ac?upload=true.png I have no idea if this is the one that comes with every windows 10 for photos and stuff or if its a disguised virus something. The first time I got this message I decided to be safe and click "Stop this program from running" but then a few minutes later it popped up with the same notification. Please help.

:)

comcdougalsmcdougal, Sep 7, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Polarman Win User

Is "microsoft.photos.exe" a virus?

Microsoft Exclusion List for Anti-virus

Apparantly, Microsoft posted a list of files that can be "Excluded" from any Anti-Virus that you use to help with scanning performance.

You can read about here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

Polarman, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Is "microsoft.photos.exe" a virus?

1. Is "microsoft.photos.exe" a virus? - Similar Threads - microsoft photos exe

2. Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE: Bonjour,Pour associer un type de fichier.tile à PHOTO, windows ne propose pas dans autre option PHOTO. il reste donc la possibilité "Rechercher une application dans le PC". Mais ou se trouve l'application PHOTO ?Cordialement...
  3. Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE: Bonjour,Pour associer un type de fichier.tile à PHOTO, windows ne propose pas dans autre option PHOTO. il reste donc la possibilité "Rechercher une application dans le PC". Mais ou se trouve l'application PHOTO ?Cordialement...
  4. Microsoft photo ou se trouve EXE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  6. sihost64.exe virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sihost64.exe virus?: My antivirus avast marks ths file: C:/windows/system32/microsoft/libs/sihost64.exe as trojan and ijfected fileasking because its in system32 folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sihost64exe-virus/cbb55d6c-178e-40b3-b76d-2c85bdfbf6cc
  7. Is this .exe a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this .exe a virus ?: [ATTACH] Hey everybody today i just navigate to the Win10 folder and there a .exe which names and do the same work as notepad. I don't have idea . Is there a notepad.exe in Win10 folder but according me the notepad.exe is present inside the Sys32 Folder, is this .exe a...
  8. windows infected by a .exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows infected by a .exe virus: My windows is infected by an .exe virus which as turned mostly folders and files to .exe even the windows defender could stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-infected-by-a-exe-virus/54cd0c93-797f-42a9-9231-ee04bb83b675
  9. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  10. exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe virus: help to remove that[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exe-virus/585ba649-c702-41a6-81a8-af784896eb8d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photos avast antivirus