Windows 10: Is Microsoft Tech Support Usually So Poor?

Discus and support Is Microsoft Tech Support Usually So Poor? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the update of August 13th 2019 - KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) - I have been having a number of problems with my W10 installation. Level 1 Tech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SeanDougall1956, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Is Microsoft Tech Support Usually So Poor?

Since the update of August 13th 2019 - KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) - I have been having a number of problems with my W10 installation.

Level 1 Tech Support couldn't resolve the issues (remotely) and raised it to Level 2 Support.

The booked call of FIVE days later didn't materialise, I gave it an hour or so, then spoke to Support. They confirmed the booking but explained that the Tech guy was busy and would call me before 9 p.m. yesterday (4th September).

20 hours later, I'm still waiting, is Microsoft Tech Support usually so poor?

:)

SeanDougall1956, Sep 5, 2019

2. Poor Tech Support

Windows 10 update led to Start button, Edge, notifications button and several other functions not working.

Contacted Tech Support and frontline Tech tried to help using remote assist but couldnt solve the problems, so have agreed a scheduled call back from a grade 2 Tech at specified times every day for the last five days. Incredibly, they have failed to call
    back each time. Perhaps naively, I'm astonished at such poor service - I cant work out if Microsoft are being arrogant, inept or both

PaulFullarton-Cooke, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Poor Microsoft tech support

Are all Microsoft tech taught to lie? I have been calling and have either spoke or chatted with 14 different techs trying to solve my issues. I am trying to install Windows 10 and keep running into different error codes. The really weird thing is I
    have 2 exact systems built ( I built them) at the same time (one for me and one for my husband). One system I haven't had any problems with downloading and installing Windows 10. The other, I can't get anything to work.

Two weeks ago, the tech told me that the only solution was to reformat and reinstall Windows 8 and that would solve all my issues. That only created more issues because I back everything onto a 2nd 1T harddrive on this system. Something in reinstalling
    Windows 8 cause a reserve special drive to be created on my second drive and wiped out all my back up data. I have nothing, no pictures, no music, no documents, no work documents.

The next day I call and am told that my key code is a back-up key code and I have to reinstall Windows 7 and then upgrade. The tech would not listen to the fact I have never owned Windows 7 and the only OS on this computer has been Windows 8 and 8.1. He
    hung up on me.

Over the last 2 weeks, I have spoke to many techs who have said let me call you back once this (whatever it was) installs. I have not gotten call backs and I have actually been hung up on 3 times.

I was actually told today by a tech that they lied when they say they will call you back because they will never call you back. Of course, he couldn't solve my problem and transferred me to a second level tech, and I got the message, sorry, busy, call back
    and hung up on.

How in the hell am I support to solve an issue if I have research the community and tried everything shown and got nowhere and can't get help from Microsoft. I am so frustrated. First with the loss of data and now with poor support.

Help Microsoft.

Chris Killian, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Is Microsoft Tech Support Usually So Poor?

Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

Is Microsoft Tech Support Usually So Poor? [​IMG]

Borg 386, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Is Microsoft Tech Support Usually So Poor?

1. Is Microsoft Tech Support Usually So Poor? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Tech Support

2. tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  3. tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  4. tech support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  5. Microsoft tech support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft tech support: I have been trying to contact a live person at Microsoft support for windows. However the support bot will not let me. It askes me to sign-in twice and will not let me past the second sign-in! So I cannot talk to a person! What can I do. When I call tech support they say...
  6. Microsoft Tech Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Tech Support: How do I get tech support from microsoft to perform remote routine service / maintenance on my windows laptop using my Assure subscription? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-tech-support/0a5d52fe-ee77-4d01-b6e8-499505dbc830
  7. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tech Support: Hello tech savvy friends, I come to you in a time of great need. Recently during a gaming session on steam, my computer froze up. Afterwards it booted up normal, but I found that one of my hard drives was inaccessible. My F: drive was marked as F:\? with a blue question mark...
  8. Tech Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech Support: Does anyone have a phone # for Tech Support IN the United States ONLY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/058f5907-61d4-4984-81e8-c780d446304d
  9. Microsoft Provides Very Poor Support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Provides Very Poor Support: A few days ago, I called to report that my computer was no longer going to Sleep Mode seemingly after the last Windows update and two intermittent problems that were reported to a 3rd level Windows Support person before but not resolved. I was told that I need to make sure my...
  10. tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tech support: why does my screen locks me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/bfd891fa-3f76-4add-a576-6b3194aa9af2