Windows 10: IS MICROSOFT UPDATES "HAL.DLL" WITH EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE AS NEW BUILD NUMBER

Discus and support IS MICROSOFT UPDATES "HAL.DLL" WITH EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE AS NEW BUILD NUMBER in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have windows 10 ENTERPRISE 64bit 1809 buildno 17763.292 , i have updated mew update on last month . Before laptop was in 1803 , on 01-01-2019 , i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Feb 4, 2019.

1. IS MICROSOFT UPDATES "HAL.DLL" WITH EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE AS NEW BUILD NUMBER

I have windows 10 ENTERPRISE 64bit 1809 buildno 17763.292 , i have updated mew update on last month .

Before laptop was in 1803 , on 01-01-2019 , i uphgraded to 1809 then i deletedall the old windows 10 1803 completely.

I have checked system sysinformation after updating every update , but Hardware Abstraction Layer verion is same as 10.0.17763.194 < why still showing as 194 , eventhough i am in 292

Please check in your windows os , if you found HAL version as 10.0.17763.292 , then give solution to correct it. Otherwise no advice

I am sure there are NO hardware issues , NO BSOD , NO heat ,. NO hanging on my laptop

Thanks for my reading my question .

IS MICROSOFT UPDATES  "HAL.DLL"  WITH EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE AS NEW BUILD NUMBER 28b03fbc-62ac-4195-bd1e-a54c9168eb63?upload=true.jpg

IS MICROSOFT UPDATES  "HAL.DLL"  WITH EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE AS NEW BUILD NUMBER 41958252-f54d-4a09-ad53-8965602c661e?upload=true.jpg

:)

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Feb 4, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 4, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 4, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

IS MICROSOFT UPDATES "HAL.DLL" WITH EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE AS NEW BUILD NUMBER

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

IS MICROSOFT UPDATES "HAL.DLL" WITH EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE AS NEW BUILD NUMBER

1. IS MICROSOFT UPDATES "HAL.DLL" WITH EVERY WINDOWS UPDATE AS NEW BUILD NUMBER - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT UPDATES HAL

2. Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2: Hi All. I have some computers with build number 1803, I need to upgrade to build number 20H2. In the company we use SCCM CB with SUP to update the windows 10. Is possible the buil number update to 20H2 from 1803? or I need first update some previous build number before update...
  3. Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2: Hi All. I have some computers with build number 1803, I need to upgrade to build number 20H2. In the company we use SCCM CB with SUP to update the windows 10. Is possible the buil number update to 20H2 from 1803? or I need first update some previous build number before update...
  4. Windows 10 - Update build number to 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Build number and update failure

Build number and update failure: Hi my computer wasnt working properly so i decided to reinstall windows 10. My OS build number shows 19042.631 but in the update section it shows me the cumulative update KB4598242 which is supposed to be for build no 19041.746 if im not wrong. Everytime it shows that the...
  6. Build update 2004 KB number?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build update 2004 KB number?: Does anyone know it? I am looking in Windows updates and don't see it while it's installing. It just says feature update 2004. Is there even one? Thanks! submitted by /u/gbubrodieman [link] [comments]...
  7. Problem updating to new build of Windows

Problem updating to new build of Windows: I have a laptop that has attempted to update to the new build of Windows build 1909, but failed thrice now. Each time it tried, it reaches 25 to 26 percent progress, then when it restarts I see the message "Undoing changes made to your computer." Is there any way I can...
  8. update to build number 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update to build number 1903: i am unable to update to the latest build number as bluetooth driver out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-build-number-1903/30ff5c50-95d6-4f3b-a69b-898282c32f85
  9. Windows 10 all build numbers and update numbers

Windows 10 all build numbers and update numbers: Hello Team, Could anyone provide all the build numbers for Microsoft Windows 10 OS and update numbers Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-all-build-numbers-and-update-numbers/e51d67a4-4745-4269-a1ea-066619f687ab
  10. Windows=HAL ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows=HAL ?: I hope someone can help as Microsoft techs have been unsuccessful at solving this problem. It appears that Windows 10 (in my case) is protecting itself from being updated along with refusing to allow printers (that's plural) to be used. The problem started around 3 months...
Tags: