Windows 10: Is Mirinsoft CloneApp the software I need?

Discus and support Is Mirinsoft CloneApp the software I need? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop has been very unreliable recently, so I bought a new Lenovo i5 core 8th Gen IdeaPad S340-151WL laptop running Win10 Home V.1903 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daniel2229, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Is Mirinsoft CloneApp the software I need?

My laptop has been very unreliable recently, so I bought a new Lenovo i5 core 8th Gen IdeaPad S340-151WL laptop running Win10 Home V.1903 build 18362.778. It boots fast and works great. However, one of my necessary apps My Heritage did not make the transfer. I tried downloading the new software for My Heritage, but the splash page where you enter data is wonky. The photo covers the blanks where you enter user name passwords is covered. My Heritage has basically no support unless you are currently a paying customer.

I would like to use a transfer system to migrate the original My Heritage software which still works on the old computer. Is something like Mirinsoft CloneApp what I need? Will it allow me to select just one program to migrate?

Thanks so much,

Daniel

:)

daniel2229, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Does CloneApp even work?

I suggest reading about it on some of the pages found by a search:
    CloneApp at DuckDuckGo
    Doesn't appear to me it's a full cloning program.

Berton, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 23, 2020
  4. TheSchaft Win User

Is Mirinsoft CloneApp the software I need?

CloneApp - Backup All Your App Settings

I came across this yesterday and tried it out on my new Windows 8.1 system. It does what it says - backs up all the settings folders and registry keys for your installed apps/applications.

It should be useful for generating a list of what you have installed (at a minimum) and saving off the folders and registry entries for your current system in case you want to blow it away and do a clean install. For Windows 10, you probably can't import the registry keys, but the restoring folders should work if that is where you have the ".ini" files or other settings.

It has plugins for 186 programs, and you can select them individually, or just the ones it detects. You can see what they are from this link, "allapps.txt" http://www.mirinsoft.com/downloads/c...rt/allapps.txt .

[edit] This also runs on Windows 10.
    If you've ever done a refresh, you know that you get an HTML file called "Removed Apps" that has the names, and maybe links, to stuff that was removed. Fine for getting rid of new system junk, not so fine if you have loaded in stuff like 8gadgetspack, 7-zip, IrfanView, MPC-HC, etc. and have set the options you like.

From the site, annotated:

"CloneApp enables easy backup of all your app settings from Windows directories and Registry.
    A fresh re-install always makes Windows much faster but that means you lose all your program settings.
    CloneApp will Backup all your App settings from Windows directories and the Registry and only those you really need.

The Idea behind is a bit different from the 'classic' Backup tool. The Main purpose is ONLY to backup all the Configurations files leaved in Windows Programm directories and the Registry."

NOTE: Run as Administrator

Site:
    New Project on the Run

From the Readme file:

Links and Resources to CloneApp
    ===============================
    Download: Domain Default page
    Changelog: Domain Default page
    Online Documentation: Domain Default page
    Official Plug-ins: Downloads - CloneApp - Plug-ins
    External Plug-ins (e.g. for backing up Windows Product keys etc.): Downloads - CloneApp - External Plug-ins
    Community Plug-ins: CloneApp :: Topics in CloneApp - Community Plug-ins (1/1)
    Support Forum: CloneApp :: Category Index
    License: Domain Default page ("The software is being licensed to you free of charge for your private personal use.")

TheSchaft, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Is Mirinsoft CloneApp the software I need?

1. Is Mirinsoft CloneApp the software I need? - Similar Threads - Mirinsoft CloneApp software

2. I NEED V4.0.30319 TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I NEED V4.0.30319 TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.: THIS IS VERY BIG ISSUE FOR ME PLZ HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-v4030319-to-download-the-software/a7605efe-32b1-4195-b44e-78886a73d16f
  3. I NEED V4.0.30319 TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I NEED V4.0.30319 TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.: THIS IS VERY BIG ISSUE FOR ME PLZ HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-v4030319-to-download-the-software/a7605efe-32b1-4195-b44e-78886a73d16f
  4. I NEED V4.0.30319 TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Antivirus software needed or not?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus software needed or not?: Hello,I have Windows 10 on my computer systems and I also haveNorton 360 installed, Norton slows computer systems downas I am sure everyone knows.Question is: do I need second party antivirus software on my PC'sif I am using Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10...
  6. I need an Antivirus Software!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need an Antivirus Software!: I need an antivirus software for my laptop,so i want to know the one that will meet my laptop's standard.So which antivirus software can i download for my: HP Laptop-Windows 7 OS Service pack 1 Processor Type: IntelR CeleronR CPU 430 @1.73GHz Installed MemoryRAM: 1.50GB...
  7. Is Mirinsoft CloneApp the software I need?

Is Mirinsoft CloneApp the software I need?: My laptop has been very unreliable recently, so I bought a new Lenovo i5 core 8th Gen IdeaPad S340-151WL laptop running Win10 Home V.1903 build 18362.778. It boots fast and works great. However, one of my necessary apps My Heritage did not make the transfer. I tried...
  8. Does CloneApp even work?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does CloneApp even work?: Just going thru a new workstation build and came across this app - thinking it would excellent for transferring settings from the old machine to the new one. I let it "backup" the 50 or so apps that I have in play and then built out the new machine. Tested it with Chrome...
  9. CloneApp - Backup All Your App Settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    CloneApp - Backup All Your App Settings: I came across this yesterday and tried it out on my new Windows 8.1 system. It does what it says - backs up all the settings folders and registry keys for your installed apps/applications. It should be useful for generating a list of what you have installed (at a minimum)...
  10. Need software for labels

Need software for labels: I make a lot of labels for storage boxes. In Word 2003, that was a breeze: bring up the template, choose a font, then type my text and insert my graphic within the label boundaries shown. But now I use Word 2016, and it seems to think that labels are only for mailings...